GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Second OS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/02/05 at 11:11
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Ok, I haven't been on in a while, busy and all that but please pardon my cheek if I ask for a bit of help.

Last night I decided I would take a look at my granda's pc, it hasn't been able to run a few older programs because of the lack of a certain ms-dos file that has been removed or corrupted, so after we tried everything we could think of we opted for a re-install of windows xp home (due to the fact that the os disc doesn't come with a repair option).

As you can expect everything was running fine until the re-install had finshed, upon restarting the pc lo and behold there were two OS's to choose from! Both are identical in every way !

Now I now how to remove one from sight but I don't know how to permanently remove it safely, also, the other OS that was running before the re-install is apparently still there but it is hidden, how do I access this and/or remove it? I want the files of it (if it's possible, they aren't important) and then remove it but I don't want to have format the drive.

Is there anyway any of you guys and gals could help?

Much appreciated, cheers.
Fri 04/02/05 at 13:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think you will probably have to reformat the drive to make sure it's gone for good.
Fri 04/02/05 at 11:27
Regular
You might want to copy this in the Web/PC forum for a better response :)
Fri 04/02/05 at 11:11
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Ok, I haven't been on in a while, busy and all that but please pardon my cheek if I ask for a bit of help.

Last night I decided I would take a look at my granda's pc, it hasn't been able to run a few older programs because of the lack of a certain ms-dos file that has been removed or corrupted, so after we tried everything we could think of we opted for a re-install of windows xp home (due to the fact that the os disc doesn't come with a repair option).

As you can expect everything was running fine until the re-install had finshed, upon restarting the pc lo and behold there were two OS's to choose from! Both are identical in every way !

Now I now how to remove one from sight but I don't know how to permanently remove it safely, also, the other OS that was running before the re-install is apparently still there but it is hidden, how do I access this and/or remove it? I want the files of it (if it's possible, they aren't important) and then remove it but I don't want to have format the drive.

Is there anyway any of you guys and gals could help?

Much appreciated, cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.