GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question of economics - please help!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/01/05 at 11:57
Regular
"Always the winner?"
I was just reading some facts about Bill Gates' riches, when I found out that he is able to free USA from its national debt of 6500 billion dollars, in 35 years by his income.

Given that even USA has a national debt so huge; what about other countries?

And then a question came to my mind. If suppose USA has a debt of 200 billion dollars on UK, and USA owes UK 150 billion dollars, USA can keep the national debt to be just 50 billion dollars.

In the same way, suppose every country in the world clears off its debts. What effect would it have on world economy? Anything serious? Or just related to inflation.
Mon 31/01/05 at 11:57
Regular
"Always the winner?"
I was just reading some facts about Bill Gates' riches, when I found out that he is able to free USA from its national debt of 6500 billion dollars, in 35 years by his income.

Given that even USA has a national debt so huge; what about other countries?

And then a question came to my mind. If suppose USA has a debt of 200 billion dollars on UK, and USA owes UK 150 billion dollars, USA can keep the national debt to be just 50 billion dollars.

In the same way, suppose every country in the world clears off its debts. What effect would it have on world economy? Anything serious? Or just related to inflation.
Mon 31/01/05 at 12:19
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I don't really know what you're trying to say but no, not even Bill Gates could afford to pay off the US' national debt.
Mon 31/01/05 at 12:25
Regular
THe USA had a surpluss of 250 billion before GWB got his grubby mitts on it... so I heard...
Mon 31/01/05 at 16:41
Money, money, money. Must be funny, in the rich man's world.
Mon 31/01/05 at 17:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The debt isn't necessarily to other countries. Usually it's to banks and the like, off whom the US borrows billions every year to pay for its spending.
Mon 31/01/05 at 21:38
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
In fact a country without any debt is said to be missing investment opportunities - a very rare thing indeed if such a country exists at all.
Tue 01/02/05 at 05:48
Regular
"Always the winner?"
OK. Thats what I had expected from you.

Now, we don't expect any country to pay off its debs at one go, but suppose if a country pays off its debts in the specified time limit, and does not take any more debts, what would be the consequence?
Tue 01/02/05 at 05:50
Regular
"Always the winner?"
EDIT

OK. Thats the answer I had expected!

Now, we don't expect any country to pay off its debs at one go, but suppose if a country pays off its debts in the specified time limit, and does not take any more debts, what would be the consequence?
Tue 01/02/05 at 09:40
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
The Winster wrote:
> EDIT
>
> OK. Thats the answer I had expected!
>
> Now, we don't expect any country to pay off its debs at one go, but
> suppose if a country pays off its debts in the specified time limit,
> and does not take any more debts, what would be the consequence?

There would be no consequence as such, apart from a happy Chancellor of the reserve bank.
Tue 01/02/05 at 18:24
Regular
the debts aren't to the actual nations, they are to individuals and corporations tied to those naions, as a result they don't cancel each other out

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.