GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Prime or Echoes?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime 2: Echoes'.
Sun 28/11/04 at 17:57
"period drama"
For shame, I have neither.
And I haven't played either.

And, to be honest, I didn't think I ever would. Just kind of ignored them, thinking they weren't my sort of game.

But I started reading about Echoes, and I really, really wanted it.
But is it better to get Prime?

eh?
eh?

As a game - which is better.
And I don't care if Prime had a bigger impact because it was Metroid in 3D for the first time evaR! omg!!11

Which is the better game?
Sun 28/11/04 at 17:57
"period drama"
For shame, I have neither.
And I haven't played either.

And, to be honest, I didn't think I ever would. Just kind of ignored them, thinking they weren't my sort of game.

But I started reading about Echoes, and I really, really wanted it.
But is it better to get Prime?

eh?
eh?

As a game - which is better.
And I don't care if Prime had a bigger impact because it was Metroid in 3D for the first time evaR! omg!!11

Which is the better game?
Sun 28/11/04 at 18:04
Regular
Prime.
Because I haven't played Echoes.
Sun 28/11/04 at 18:08
Regular
"0228"
I'd say Echoes is better. Prime bored me a bit but I'm loving playing through Echoes. It's much harder though.
Sun 28/11/04 at 18:19
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Get both. The first is excellent due to its ingenuity, and will allow you to get into the prime (prime coincidentally means it's in first-person, such as Echoes, Hunters on DS etc) series. Plus Prime has a training-ish level.

Then, once you're done with that, get Echoes, as the story follows on, and some aspects are more relevent if you've played the first.
Sun 28/11/04 at 18:20
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Oh, and if you want the better game (which, after re-reading your original post, you do) it's hard to say at this point... I'll have to wait until I complete echoes to tell you that.
Sun 28/11/04 at 19:53
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Prime is cheaper.

Remember this
Mon 29/11/04 at 13:38
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Prime first then Echos.
Mon 29/11/04 at 18:09
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
JFH wrote:
> I'd say Echoes is better. Prime bored me a bit but I'm loving playing
> through Echoes. It's much harder though.

I lost intrest in prime after a while and ended up trading it in. But brought it again while later,an lost intrest again at about the same point! Am not sure if I will bother with Echoes.
Mon 29/11/04 at 18:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Prime I'd say is a better introduction. Echoes is way harder, throwing you in at the deep end straight away, and the actual world to start off with is much less appealing that in Prime. So basically, buy Prime second hand for £10, then get Echoes when you complete Prime (or when the game stops recognising your pre-final boss save and you just give up)
Mon 29/11/04 at 19:02
"period drama"
argh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.