GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" Oh my Jak 3, how did I LIVE without you? SPOILERS*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Jak 3'.
Sun 28/11/04 at 18:24
Regular
It took my five minutes to collapse giggling wildly.

Make no mistake: Forget San Andreas, Halo, whatever:

Jak 3 is the game of the year

A glance at the massively varying gameplay and landscapes more beautiful than Mischa Barton in caramel yelled into my ear "WAKE UP TO THE NEW WORLD! JAK 2 WAS RUBBISH NEXT TO THIS!"

And it really is. Aside from the excellent story and ingenuitive missions, the attention to detail is simply remarkable. The way it eases you into the gaming experience is truly astounding.

And yet, I yearned for Haven City. Why? I missed the familiarity of it all.

The difficulty curve is not one for the faint hearted. One second I'm driving over flowers in Haven Forest, the next I'm shooting to save the life of me and Jinx (and failing).

One quarrel I do have with the game is its atmosphere. I don't know about the rest of the game, but there's simply no pause for breath at my stage (around 50%). The first was lushious, who can say it wasn't peaceful and relaxing? You can't say that for many games nowadays.

I think my roving in one part of the game for an hour searching for a couple of precursor orbs is testament to its brilliance.

So, can you look me in the eye and tell me you've enjoyed any other game this much in a long, long time? Go on, I dare you.
Wed 02/03/11 at 01:50
Regular
i reckon that jak 3 it the best jak game made ive played and finished all of the so far and i had the most fun out of the all. There is so much selection and freedom in the game and it dosent pee you off with impossible missions besides the shooting range (grrr) :) and hunting for orbs can extend the play time by at least a copule of hours.
Mon 29/11/04 at 22:01
Regular
"Bicycle"
So basically Crash.
Mon 29/11/04 at 19:41
Regular
I like a platformer which I can just get stuck right into and not have to concentrate too much on the Storyline.
Mon 29/11/04 at 19:41
Regular
But Mario and Zelda aren't really platforms, the only Mario Platformer is Mario 64 and the Zelda games are more RPG.
Mon 29/11/04 at 19:27
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I got Jak 3 today.... Haven't played it, because my stupid sister Dee-Dee, I mean Rosie, has taken over my TV... and it polluting it with Soaps.

Haha, irony epitomised.

Anyhoo, hopefully i'll be able to have a blast later. I've had All the Ratchet and All the Jak games and never fnd even all the sly games and never finished one.... ever.

I guess the lack the magic of Mario and Zelda, and what's his name... Tak. haha
Sun 28/11/04 at 21:40
Regular
Both you biznatches know nothing.
Sun 28/11/04 at 20:10
Regular
Apparently Ratchet and Clank 3 is better, thats why i'm getting is for Xmas.
Sun 28/11/04 at 19:36
Regular
"\\"
You've never actually heard of Half Life 2 have you?

*tut*
Sun 28/11/04 at 18:24
Regular
It took my five minutes to collapse giggling wildly.

Make no mistake: Forget San Andreas, Halo, whatever:

Jak 3 is the game of the year

A glance at the massively varying gameplay and landscapes more beautiful than Mischa Barton in caramel yelled into my ear "WAKE UP TO THE NEW WORLD! JAK 2 WAS RUBBISH NEXT TO THIS!"

And it really is. Aside from the excellent story and ingenuitive missions, the attention to detail is simply remarkable. The way it eases you into the gaming experience is truly astounding.

And yet, I yearned for Haven City. Why? I missed the familiarity of it all.

The difficulty curve is not one for the faint hearted. One second I'm driving over flowers in Haven Forest, the next I'm shooting to save the life of me and Jinx (and failing).

One quarrel I do have with the game is its atmosphere. I don't know about the rest of the game, but there's simply no pause for breath at my stage (around 50%). The first was lushious, who can say it wasn't peaceful and relaxing? You can't say that for many games nowadays.

I think my roving in one part of the game for an hour searching for a couple of precursor orbs is testament to its brilliance.

So, can you look me in the eye and tell me you've enjoyed any other game this much in a long, long time? Go on, I dare you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.