GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My next gig."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/01/05 at 11:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I don't think this is going to rock as much as the first one, because we've introduced a rule where each member of the band can choose a song that we have to play...and the guitarist is into Bon Jovi...and there was a Bon Jovi song on the 'potentials' CD he gave me...quite worried. Also the drummer wants to play that awful new Greenday song that sounds just like Wonderwall. Double worried.

Saying that, we are going to do some choice numbers:

Judas Priest - "Breaking the Law" (*dun dun* yay!)
Billy Idol - "White Wedding"
Blue Oyster Cult - "Don't Fear the Reaper"
Weezer - "Buddy Holly" (my choice)
The Beatles - "Ballad of John & Yoko" (doesn't quite fit, but still fun)
Spencer Davis Group - "Keep On Running"
REM - "Losing My Religion" (maybe a rocked-up version, if that's possible)
Thin Lizzy - "Boys Are Back In Town" (it was a cover on the CD, so we'll probably do an even more different version)
The Killers - "Mr Brightside"

So a bit of variety there, but we mixed lightweight rock with heavy rock before and it worked really well. And we can pick any of the 15 tracks we played before to pad it out, or even play about 25 songs and have a break in the middle. Should be cool though, and we've got a deal with a local pub where they only want the bar takings...last time on the door we made £460, but most of that went to the venue!
Thu 27/01/05 at 19:56
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
As far as i can remember, the song from bill and ted was done by kiss, but the guitar solo at the beginning of it, and the little air guitar licks all the way through the film are Steve Vai. one of the guys had a ZZ top stylee beard at the end of the film when they were were playing. all sorted?

My next gig will be pitiful, "Billericay battle of the Bands 2005". We only get a 20 minute set, including setting-up time, so we're doin:

Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions
Intravenous - Half Life
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Thu 27/01/05 at 18:17
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
The Bill and Ted version was Kiss, was originally done by Argent in '72.

Good old allmusic.com.
Thu 27/01/05 at 17:59
Regular
"you've got a beard"
monkey_man wrote:
> I thought Steve Vai did the one from B&T?
>
> [EDIT: Nope, it was Kiss]

Steve Vai did have some music on the "bogus journey" soundtrack though.
Thu 27/01/05 at 17:38
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Doesn't look as good a setlist.

Few good ones though, Killers one could be cool.
Also, possibly the worst Beatles song you could have picked.
Thu 27/01/05 at 17:35
Regular
"lets go back"
Just to add to the confusion..., I thought it was from Excellent Adventure rather than Bogus Journey. But either way it was definitely Kiss who did it.
Thu 27/01/05 at 13:28
Regular
"8==="
Ah, I'm no longer confused. :)
Thu 27/01/05 at 12:56
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Ah yeah, Bill and Ted just looked like ZZ Top when they sang it. Tsk, memories aren't what they used to be...
Thu 27/01/05 at 12:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I thought Steve Vai did the one from B&T?

[EDIT: Nope, it was Kiss]
Thu 27/01/05 at 12:34
Regular
"8==="
I'm confused.
Thu 27/01/05 at 12:33
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hedfix wrote:
> If prefer the Kiss version off Bogus Journey.

Now that was ZZ Top. No idea who did the original.
Captain Music...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.