GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 - price drop this year?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/05/01 at 09:40
Regular
From http://www.granturismo.com

-----

It has been widely reported that a £50 / $50 reduction in PS2 prices will be announced at E3, however it has been reported by MCV, via Eurogamer.net that Sony have canned the smaller drop in favour of a £100 / $100 reduction in the third or fourth quarter.

The reasons for the delay are seen to be related to continued inventory problems, and the lack of triple A software releases to back up such a cut. Moreover, competition with the Xbox and Gamecube is not yet a factor, and Sony hope to maximise the impact of any price cut upon the competition. Consequently Sony are expected to struggle at E3, with broadband plans unlikely to be released, and shows of force from Microsoft and Nintendo. Here's hoping they pull something out of the bag.
Fri 18/05/01 at 09:40
"High polygon count"
From http://www.granturismo.com

-----

It has been widely reported that a £50 / $50 reduction in PS2 prices will be announced at E3, however it has been reported by MCV, via Eurogamer.net that Sony have canned the smaller drop in favour of a £100 / $100 reduction in the third or fourth quarter.

The reasons for the delay are seen to be related to continued inventory problems, and the lack of triple A software releases to back up such a cut. Moreover, competition with the Xbox and Gamecube is not yet a factor, and Sony hope to maximise the impact of any price cut upon the competition. Consequently Sony are expected to struggle at E3, with broadband plans unlikely to be released, and shows of force from Microsoft and Nintendo. Here's hoping they pull something out of the bag.
Fri 18/05/01 at 11:19
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Sony should reduce the cost a bit may be £50, but also start including the HD/Broadband unit in all new PS2’s. This is the only practical way that Sony will be able to get most PS2 owners using their future online services.
Sat 19/05/01 at 10:26
Regular
if it does then loads of people will buy meaning more crap games like more army men and games you wouldnt normally touch with a 10 foot barge pole because the more people who buy a console the more game makers thing they can get away with crap games look at GB/GBC/they have got a couple of decent games but look at some of them i rest my case
Sun 20/05/01 at 17:23
Regular
"Back For Good"
Nothing is confirmed but near to the time when xbox comes out i think Sony are planing to drop the price,like they did with the playstation 1 all them years ago.
Sun 20/05/01 at 18:49
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
hopefuly then someone may think about putting £100 aside for buying it, then they see the price is £299.98. Great reduction.
Sun 20/05/01 at 18:56
Regular
some shops have already reduce it massively to £299.95
Sun 20/05/01 at 22:57
I think Sony should include the HDD/Broadband unit with the PS2 and keep it at £300. But should also reduce the price to £200 for the PS2 alone in a separate pack.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.