GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Computer Science"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/01/05 at 15:19
Regular
Just applied for this at university, dont know where i'm going yet but i got a couple of offers. Just wondering what kind of job this could lead to? Chose it because it seems to have a wide range of options which is good because i dont know what i want to do at the end of it. Anyone else studying this? I think i'm more interested in the hardware side than the programming but you never know. Thanks for any feedback.
Fri 28/01/05 at 05:27
Ironic thing is, I was going to do Business, but after A Level Business Studies (which was boring) I wanted something a bit more challenging. So CompSci it was!
Thu 27/01/05 at 14:12
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Chad Niga wrote:
> Phi11ip, can you tell me what kind of work did you do?
> Like coursework wise, homework kind of stuff. etc.

It depends, last term I had 4 modules, and I had 2 pieces of coursework and 4 exams to do. This term I've got 3 modules but I've got 5 pieces of coursework and 1 exam to do.

Fun Fun Fun.

Other courses differ immensely.
Thu 27/01/05 at 11:49
Regular
I've replied and accepted an offer from Lincoln University for Games Computing.

Similar to Computing/Computer science, but focuses on gaming.
Wed 26/01/05 at 18:22
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Chipseh wrote:
> I've applied for Computer Science also. I can't decide between Durham
> and Exeter- I need the same grades for both, and they're both great
> Uni's.
>
> Urgh, decisions.
Durhum, i think would be the best choice, they have goo reputation for companies signing students up for high paying jobs after they finish.
Wed 26/01/05 at 18:21
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Phi11ip, can you tell me what kind of work did you do?
Like coursework wise, homework kind of stuff. etc.
Wed 26/01/05 at 18:15
Regular
At the moment i got one proper offer from Reading (340 points) and 2 sort of offers from Exeter and Bristol (as in they sent me a letter saying they will be offering me a place shortly. Think i might go for Reading. Think they're all pretty good. How much programming is involved in computer science, do have to have lots of past experience?
Wed 26/01/05 at 17:34
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I've applied for Computer Science also. I can't decide between Durham and Exeter- I need the same grades for both, and they're both great Uni's.

Urgh, decisions.
Wed 26/01/05 at 17:25
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I'm doing it.

Jobs wise you could do pretty much anything, I know a few folk who have gone into IT technician type jobs, teaching, programming & games programming.

What uni's you considering? Some run a lot better CS courses than others.
Wed 26/01/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Business type course type thingy...

I had an hour today, woooooo!
Wed 26/01/05 at 15:47
What are you taking then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.