GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"External Power Source For 6600 GT"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/01/05 at 20:55
"Uzi Lover"
Ok so I have my new PC, put in Far Cry and it doesn't run as great as I expected. Next up Doom 3 and the thing goes so slow on higher set ups on video settings.

I'm thinking "hmmmmm" so I do a little search on the internet. People are running Doom 3 on Ultra video settings no problem with this card with a less spec PC then mine. I then realise my Graphics card will require an external power source to run at maximum settings.

Obviously I want to play my games as soon as possible so how do I go about adding this external power source to the card?

Thanks.
Mon 24/01/05 at 20:55
"Uzi Lover"
Ok so I have my new PC, put in Far Cry and it doesn't run as great as I expected. Next up Doom 3 and the thing goes so slow on higher set ups on video settings.

I'm thinking "hmmmmm" so I do a little search on the internet. People are running Doom 3 on Ultra video settings no problem with this card with a less spec PC then mine. I then realise my Graphics card will require an external power source to run at maximum settings.

Obviously I want to play my games as soon as possible so how do I go about adding this external power source to the card?

Thanks.
Mon 24/01/05 at 20:58
Regular
"Bicycle"
It's probably an extra molex pin, on the mobo next to the GFX slot.

Just plug the molex in and tada!
Mon 24/01/05 at 21:09
"Uzi Lover"
So where do I get that from?
Mon 24/01/05 at 21:17
"Uzi Lover"
If someone could let me know where to purchase the external power source and how to get it up and running that would be great.
Mon 24/01/05 at 21:19
Regular
"Bicycle"
It's just a molex connector from your PSU.

You know, the big white things coming out of cables from your power supply unit?
Mon 24/01/05 at 22:12
"Uzi Lover"
Ah, easy peasy. Can run Doom 3 and Far Cry at full whack now. Cheers.
Mon 24/01/05 at 23:31
Regular
"Bicycle"
Well smack my ass and call me Andy...

You're welcome.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.