GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AMD motherboard and processor question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/01/05 at 21:09
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I was originally thinking of getting an Intel mobo/proc combo, but I'm slowly changing my mind as I hear that Prescotts are abominations (Northwoods are being killed off and I can't afford one right this second). My question is though, I love playing modern and old games, old games from like 15 years ago, and Intel have always seemed good for this because of their 'stability and compatibility'. But I was wondering that if I did go down the AMD route, would I experience any problems with AMD mobos/proc when trying to play very old/oldish games for example? Software from pre-1990 to 1999. I know incompatibility normally comes from the OS or graphics cards, but I'm still wondeing about AMD related components.
Mon 24/01/05 at 11:51
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I use Microsoft Virtual PC to play all my old games. I have a Win XP computer but I have Win 95 & 98 installed in virtual pc, I think this would be your best route to play all your old games.
Sun 23/01/05 at 21:45
Regular
"where's my tag?"
poopots wrote:
> If you’re that much of an enthusiast why don’t you just buy a really
> cheap old pc for playing all your classics?

I totally dislike second-hand stuff, because it smells, lol.

Anyway, if Mr Bigs is right, then I'm the latest person to be converted from Intel to AMD! Aleluya!
Sun 23/01/05 at 21:34
"I love yo... lamp."
You'll be fine.
Sun 23/01/05 at 21:17
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
If you’re that much of an enthusiast why don’t you just buy a really cheap old pc for playing all your classics?
Sun 23/01/05 at 21:09
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I was originally thinking of getting an Intel mobo/proc combo, but I'm slowly changing my mind as I hear that Prescotts are abominations (Northwoods are being killed off and I can't afford one right this second). My question is though, I love playing modern and old games, old games from like 15 years ago, and Intel have always seemed good for this because of their 'stability and compatibility'. But I was wondering that if I did go down the AMD route, would I experience any problems with AMD mobos/proc when trying to play very old/oldish games for example? Software from pre-1990 to 1999. I know incompatibility normally comes from the OS or graphics cards, but I'm still wondeing about AMD related components.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.