GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RUNDLL Error Message at start up"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/01/05 at 23:43
Regular
Hope this is the right forum.

I have been getting an error message each time I boot up and I think it has something to do with the monitor.

The message heading is RUNDLL and the following appears: An exception occurred while trying to run ""C:\WINDOWS\system32\MJORC32R.DLL",UMonitor"

At several restarts today I got the same message but ending in ......\dfsynth.dll"", UMonitor
.......\whvdmod.du.dll"",UMonitor
.......\goUnCompress.dll"",UMonitor
.......\DJWSOCK.DLL",UMonitor

The start of the error message is the same in each instance but as you can see the ending is different each time. The word Monitor is always at the end of the error message that makes me think it is something to do with the monitor.

Can anyone help please or if this is not the right forum can you advise please.

I did contact Dell support and was advised to perform a System Restore but I am not sure of this

The PC is Dell brand. The OS is Windows XP
Sun 23/01/05 at 22:07
Regular
Tried Spybot but without success. I also tried Counter Spy (15 day trial version), Ad-Aware, the new Microsoft AntiSpyware. and none work.
The post by Garin has pointed me to the root of the problem although it is a wee bit tricky to delete the offending item. As stated in my last post I will get some help locally with this.

Pity there wasnt a simple removal tool for the VX2. AdAware have an add on which they claim removes the VX2 spyware but it doesnt work. I logged onto their community forum and see that other people have the same problem and also cant get rid of it either with the add on tool released by AdAware
Sat 22/01/05 at 17:25
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Have you tried Spybot Search and Destroy? It is quite effective for spyware adware and free as well.
Sat 22/01/05 at 17:21
Regular
Thanks garin,

The info given at the bottom of the page describes exactly the problem I am having.
It refers to the VX2 spyware which is one of the items that Ad-Aware cant remove.
The removal instructions given are probably a wee bit too technical for me personally but I do know one or two peole who should be able to help with this especially now that we have the details of it.

Thanks again
Sat 22/01/05 at 00:36
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
UMonitor is spyware, which can be quite difficult to remove.

Try having a read through this.
[URL]http://www.mredkj.com/tutorials/tipswin.html[/URL]
General tips on spyware removal on there but also further down it covers the UMonitor problem specifically.
Fri 21/01/05 at 23:43
Regular
Hope this is the right forum.

I have been getting an error message each time I boot up and I think it has something to do with the monitor.

The message heading is RUNDLL and the following appears: An exception occurred while trying to run ""C:\WINDOWS\system32\MJORC32R.DLL",UMonitor"

At several restarts today I got the same message but ending in ......\dfsynth.dll"", UMonitor
.......\whvdmod.du.dll"",UMonitor
.......\goUnCompress.dll"",UMonitor
.......\DJWSOCK.DLL",UMonitor

The start of the error message is the same in each instance but as you can see the ending is different each time. The word Monitor is always at the end of the error message that makes me think it is something to do with the monitor.

Can anyone help please or if this is not the right forum can you advise please.

I did contact Dell support and was advised to perform a System Restore but I am not sure of this

The PC is Dell brand. The OS is Windows XP

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.