GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect'.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:46
Regular
If you can get your heads as far out of Killzone's ass as possible, and start to take notice of what will be the Best game on the PS2.

Timesplitters 3 is gonna rock...on all platforms, but I dont care, all I care about is the PS2 version because thats the console i'm getting it on.

It'll rock the most on the Xbox but it'll still beat Killzone, GTA San Andreas and all of those other so-called "Best games on the PS2".

Theres no doubt about it that this game will be awesome on both Single Player and Multiplayer.

Timesplitters 2 was great, there were so many characters, fun weapons and the most varied levels ever. Sure, the levels were pretty easy but Free Radical have promised that TS3 will be more challenging and much more fun.

Timesplitters 2 was IMO the nearest thing to Goldeneye, Halo is great and Killzone is okay but when you compare both the Multiplayer mode and Online mode to TS2 they obviously dont come close.

TS3 will be the first of the 3 games to feature an online mode which (I hope) will kick SOCOM II right off the richter scale popularity wise.

TS3 will have 150 (150!!!!OMG!!!) playable characters still including all of your favorites from the first and second Timesplitters, yes - even the monkey.

Sadly for Gamecube owners they cant play online but who cares when you've still got the Multiplayer bots to play against! Hopefully they'll play just like real people so Cube owners still get to enjoy the game as much as the others but without the annoyng Yanks shouting down your earhole.

The best thing Free Radical have done is...nothing. They've done the right thing and tried their best to not add any features that'll revolutionise the Timesplitters series, instead they've fix or added little expansions to clear up any problems people had with the previous two.

TS3 will also include map-making tools that will be able to be used online as well as offline which is good news.

Dunno about you lot but I think £30 is well worth it for a game that'll probably keep me going for years.

[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/569/569177p1.html?fromint=1[/URL] to see what IGN think.

[URL]http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/639/639601/imgs_1.html[/URL] to see some brand new screenshots just recently released.

[URL]http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/639/639601/imgs_1.html[/URL] to see the newest video Free Radical have released just recently.

Roll on March 2005!
Sun 05/12/04 at 12:43
Regular
"Bicycle"
:D
Sun 05/12/04 at 11:55
Regular
Coin wrote:
> Bungie? DMA?
>
> :D

Just in case you're not joking, Halo/GTA.
Sat 04/12/04 at 20:21
Regular
"Bicycle"
Bungie? DMA?

:D
Sat 04/12/04 at 20:19
Regular
Oh TS2 made Free Radical a cult favourite, but they are hardly raking in as much as Bungie or DMA.

TS3 here we go.
Sat 04/12/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Bicycle"
And there was I thinking TS2 was big enough to put FR in place.

Certainly in my top ten developers / game-making-peoples...
Sat 04/12/04 at 12:35
Regular
I'll be getting it on the Gamecube (bot fussed with online support) but this is a game that will truly put Free Radical on the map.

The Timesplitters series has been consistantly amazing and Second Sight proved the team can tell a fantastic story.

I cannot wait for this game. I truly can't.
Fri 03/12/04 at 15:44
Regular
Poor old Nazi's get blamed for everything these days...
Fri 03/12/04 at 00:20
Regular
"Bicycle"
Mmm...

Just hoping they impliment a SOCOM 2 type anti-cheat system.

F***ing Nazis.
Thu 02/12/04 at 22:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Uploadable maps are both genius and a problem.

It better have an auto-download like UT, and they better be damn small!
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:21
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Should be a great game. Games on the Xbox always get better reviews for the same game. The graphics arent so much better really, but I think the old PS2 control lets the games down a bit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.