GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LEAVING UKGAMES DUE TO UNFAIR COMPETITIONS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 20:33
Regular
Says it all don't it?

Bye
Sat 19/05/01 at 18:24
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
What a nice dad you are Hunt :D.
Sat 19/05/01 at 13:00
YEp whatever... Whats weird about this topic is that we haven't ever seeen him before so why is he telling us he is going!
Sat 19/05/01 at 12:58
Regular
goodbye R2D2
my god have some mercy upon your soul cause un of us will give you any
Sat 19/05/01 at 12:51
I will never leave unless there are no newbies for me and RBS to whip and at this rate there wont be!
Sat 19/05/01 at 12:48
oh, this hasn't happen before, well bye, you don't need to tell us.

And the gad thing unfair, well try harder! I am on the verge of leaving cause of it, but i wont moan and winge about it, i'll just go if i wanted to.
Sat 19/05/01 at 12:07
Regular
erm......sigh.
Fri 18/05/01 at 22:31
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Why do you want to leave R2D2? GD is a bonus. I joined this message board becuase I was a member of SR. I have posted quite a few messages and a few reviews. I never really tried to win GD as I thought "I wont win". Even thinking this I still posted as GD is a bonus its a competition every day of the week. Then one day I thought I could write a review so I did and I won. I was filled with joy at the thought that I had won. A few weeks later I wrote another review, I didnt win. Then a few days ago I wrote another review, I didnt win. I have also written a few good posts that might have had a chance of winning. But its not about the winning, we post on here becuase we want to. I personally dont think how I can win GD, with every post I write. There are a few people who have won a few times and win quite often. They deserve to win as they have posted good topics. On average in 1 year SR give away £21,900 in GD and FD. I based this on the average game being £40 and a film being £20. Plus of course they have introduced the extra GD, so this figure will go up. That is a lot of money each year on competitions. I wouldn't even think that PS2 magazines spend that much a year on prizes. They don't have to give away these free games.

Most people on here dont moan about not winning, as its a bonus you get for using this board. But then people come along wanting to leave the boards just becuase they dont win. And Zeldapro for demanding where his free game was becuase he had waited 4 days. If I was Tony and the other staff members, I would be very annoyed with them as they arent really being thoughtful they just want to win, when they dont win they moan. If they do win they moan becuase they havent gotten it within a couple of days.

GD is a great competition, its fair everyone has the same chance at winning and there are at least 365 chances to win in a year. So dont moan, ENJOY.
Fri 18/05/01 at 22:16
Regular
Sorry about that triple post.....my computer mucked up.
Fri 18/05/01 at 21:58
Hello Edgy, that was such an important post I even read it 3 times!!!

By the way, I am a 'newbie' I am here because my son loves games! He wants me to find out which is the next console he should get, and I'm going to try and post some more intersting topics. I was quite confused to read that someone replied to my XBox or PS2 post saying I am just trying to win a game, yet I didn't even know you could???? So R2D2, I think you shouldn't be here if you only want to win a game, I'd be delighted as I'd give it to my son for his gaming pleasure - he wants to become a games designer, and already draws excellent ideas!!!

Anyway, I'm Phil, you've left I presume, and I'm off to find out whether the PS2 is worth getting more so than the Xbox or that GameCube.

Thanks!
Fri 18/05/01 at 21:39
Regular
turbonutter wrote:
> Who are you?

What unfair compos. If you can't write a good post,
> you don't deserve to win. This is what compos are all about.

Just like that "First female regular gets a gameaday prize"? I'm sure all 300 posts were good quality and deserved to win!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.