GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"painkiller battle out of hell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Painkiller: battle out of hell'.
Tue 30/11/04 at 22:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
well the first level is fantastic, scary and gives a real feeling of OMG what the fecks that coming towards me! quite alot harder compared to painkiller but well worth playing. you start with all the tarrot (probably the wrong spelling) cards but no money so you have to play the first level without help. some great giant things, flying things and feaky as hell things. the only let down is the fmv has been done by a different aartist and the model of the main character doesn't quite look right. buy this game now if you liked painkiller, and if you didn't theres something wrong with you
Tue 30/11/04 at 22:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
well the first level is fantastic, scary and gives a real feeling of OMG what the fecks that coming towards me! quite alot harder compared to painkiller but well worth playing. you start with all the tarrot (probably the wrong spelling) cards but no money so you have to play the first level without help. some great giant things, flying things and feaky as hell things. the only let down is the fmv has been done by a different aartist and the model of the main character doesn't quite look right. buy this game now if you liked painkiller, and if you didn't theres something wrong with you
Thu 02/12/04 at 16:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
chippxero wrote:
> buy this game now if you liked painkiller, and if
> you didn't theres something wrong with you

Or maybe not, considering how darned repetative that game is. "run through corridor A, shoot waves of baddies, walk into room B, it locks, Shoot waves of baddies, run through corridor C, Shoot lots of baddies... repeat to fade."

The ragdoll deaths made it fun for a while, but after Half Life 2, it's looking a little old, which is why I can't understand why it got an expansion pack.
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:26
Regular
"Captain to you."
i relise that it repeats alot but most fps games are like this, serious sam 1 and 2 for example and doom 3. But it's that wild crazy pointless killing that makes it fun, all depends on the type of games you like to me it was a great game. it's a very different type of fps to halflife 2 and i can see your point but i found it fun.
Fri 03/12/04 at 14:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Oh I did enjoy it on it's release, more for the stupidly funny ragdoll deaths from the stakegun, but it's one of those games that lacks long term appeal. Complete it, and there's really nothing to go back for.
Fri 03/12/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Captain to you."
yeah true but it's nice to just go back to play a great feeling level or just to stake a few things. The add-on has a 4 stake lauching sniper rifle which give great results :D but again it's one you play when you fancey some mindless killing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.