GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tiny Laptop - Entering Bios?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/01/05 at 11:41
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Right guys I have a bit of a problem.

Recently did a re-build of a Tiny Laptop for a friend with Win 2000 on it, all was fine until I installed Service pack 4 onto it.

Now, when I try to boot up it gets to the stage of loading windows 2000 but just before it gets into windows, it decides to re-boot everytime.

Fine, I thought. Will boot off CD and repair Windows 2000 and all will be merry.

However, Tiny Computers have put their logo on the screen rather than information on how to get into the Bios, I have tried the usual F keys etc to try and get in but no joy.

My question to you is, anyone know how to get into the Bios on Tiny laptops or know any other way round this?

Cheers.
Fri 21/01/05 at 14:40
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> I'll try the delete key again, but definatly tried it at lunch time
> and it didnt work however I'll give it another go.

FWIW: Del key not <-- key
Fri 21/01/05 at 14:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I'll try the delete key again, but definatly tried it at lunch time and it didnt work however I'll give it another go.

Viperfire, I think you meant the 'tab' key? but yeh i'll try that aswell, thanks.

Failing all of this im making the 4 W2k Bootdisks which will hopefully sort out this mess.

Appreciate your help fellas.
Fri 21/01/05 at 14:27
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Hmm I tried that. I have a feeling that is for the desktop/tower
> units rather than laptops? :|

Spoke to Tiny in Oxford at lunchtime and he's convinced it's definatley the same whether desktop or laptop.

[URL]http://support.tiny.com/support/documents.asp?step1=Hardware&step2=Bios%20and%20cpu&status=docsearch[/URL]

Lol @ this:

If you want to disable the Tiny splash screen on startup follow the procedure below

* Enter the BIOS, To do this turn on the computer, press the Delete key
* Choose Advanced CMOS setup
* Change the Initial Display Mode from Silent to BIOS
* Press the ESC key once
* Press F10 to Save Changes and Exit

The computer will now restart with the normal BIOS screen being displayed

Or there's this:

1. Press the Delete key down and power on the computer. (note: if the computer beeps constantly, press the Delete key once a second)

2. You will eventually enter a Blue screen with something like the following:

NOTE:This does not apply to systems with a Pheonix BIOS, which uses the 'F2' key to enter setup.

AMIBIOS HIFLEX SETUP UTILITIES - VERSION 1.07

1996 American Megatrends, Inc. All Rights
Standard CMOS Setup
Advanced CMOS Setup
Advanced Chipset Setup
Power Management Setup
PCI/Plug & Play Setup
Peripheral Setup
Auto-Detect Hard Disks
Change User Password
Change Supervisor Password
Change Language Setting
Auto Configuration With Optimal Settings
Auto Configuration With Fail Safe Settings
Save Settings and Exit
Exit without Saving

Standard CMOS setup for changing time, hard disk type, etc

3. Using the 'ARROW' keys go down to Auto Configuration With Optimal Settings. Press 'ENTER' and when asked to LOAD HIGH PERFORMANCE SETTINGS, type 'Y' and press 'ENTER'.

4. Go upto PCI/Plug & Play Setup and press 'ENTER'. Using the 'PAGE DOWN' key and the 'ARROW' keys change PLUG & PLAY AWARE OS and RESET/CLEAR NVRAM to YES. Then press 'ESC' (top left of keyboard).

5. Go down one to PERIPHERAL SETUP and press 'ENTER'. Go down to ONBOARD SERIAL PORT B and use the 'PAGE DOWN' key to change the setting to DISABLED. Then press 'ESC'.

6. Finally go down to Save Settings and Exit and press 'ENTER' and when asked to save settings and exit type 'Y' and press 'ENTER'.

7. This will reboot the system back into windows.

Seems like it all depends which version of the BIOS you have?
Fri 21/01/05 at 14:24
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
You should be able to get rid of their company logo at start-up by pressing the Tap button. This will then allow you to see what button needs pressing to enter the bios.
Fri 21/01/05 at 13:59
It'll just f*** up your laptop, I'd imagine.
Fri 21/01/05 at 13:56
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I'll try that, if not i'll hit the damn laptop! im at work at the mo, so will try later.

By the way, if I was to remove the keyboard from the laptop, should that load the bios auto or will it give keyboard error? hmm
Fri 21/01/05 at 13:53
F1, F7, F8. HIT THEM ALL.

One at a time though.
Fri 21/01/05 at 13:42
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Hmm I tried that. I have a feeling that is for the desktop/tower units rather than laptops? :|
Fri 21/01/05 at 13:18
Regular
"l33t cs50r"

1. Boot up the system and press the Delete key to enter Award BIOS Setup.
2. Using the arrow keys on the keyboard highlight the BIOS Features Setup Menu and press Enter
Fri 21/01/05 at 11:41
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Right guys I have a bit of a problem.

Recently did a re-build of a Tiny Laptop for a friend with Win 2000 on it, all was fine until I installed Service pack 4 onto it.

Now, when I try to boot up it gets to the stage of loading windows 2000 but just before it gets into windows, it decides to re-boot everytime.

Fine, I thought. Will boot off CD and repair Windows 2000 and all will be merry.

However, Tiny Computers have put their logo on the screen rather than information on how to get into the Bios, I have tried the usual F keys etc to try and get in but no joy.

My question to you is, anyone know how to get into the Bios on Tiny laptops or know any other way round this?

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.