GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Annoyed at crazy taxi reviews"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 20:18
Regular
IN OPSM2 or wot ever it is called they gave it 8/10 said nothing about dodgy controls and said it was overall a good game and i was thinking about buying it because lack of good AAA games for the playstation2 now i opened gamesmaster magazine and it gave it 86% fair said nothing about dodgy controls and said overall it was a good game
again thinking about buying it then i come to my ever so reliable (but £4.00 is alot to pay for a mag without a playable demo like OPSM2) PSM2 which says that the controls are dodgy and they need changing and neither said any thing about using a steering wheel and it gave it 80% which means buy game because we recommened it but i watched the demo you get and the car when it turns looks a bit jerky some one clear this up i am going mad
KR
Sun 20/05/01 at 22:33
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Kid Rock, I have just watched a PS2 video of Crazy Taxi. And by the way the car moves it seems its exactly like the DC version. So I would say the controls will be no problem. They look a little jerky but they arent. They are maybe a little arcady but nothing that will make you want to throw the game away. Get it if you have the money as Crazy Taxi is a fun game to play.
Sat 19/05/01 at 11:37
Regular
How can the PS2 version have already been reviewed? I never review a game until at least a few weeks after its release. This may not be very helpful to those waiting for the release date, but I feel it gives a far better impression, based on fact, not simply on what you`ve just read in a magazine, and hope will happen.
Sat 19/05/01 at 11:33
Regular
PS2 but aint going to bother now cause getting Red Faction
Sat 19/05/01 at 11:30
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
> Why not check the reviews which have been submitted to special
> reserve? They're really rather good.

For the DC version or the PS2 version?

I have no respect for reviews of a version that hasn`t been released yet, so if you mean the PS2 version then I`m not going to bother.
Sat 19/05/01 at 09:34
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> Which issue of PSM2 was that? I subscribe, and I haven`t seen that
> kind of comment. I haven`t been home for weeks, so if you mean the
> June issue, then I haven`t seen it, but if you mean the preview in
> the April issue, then I don`t recall them saying "dodgy".
> They mentioned tighter control given bu the analog sticks in
> comparison to the wheels, but that is all as I remember.

sorry i meant gamesmaster mag
Fri 18/05/01 at 15:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Kid Rock certainly lives up to the impression I get from the REAL Kid Rock.

Jerry!
Jerry!
Fri 18/05/01 at 15:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
If the controls are the same as the DC's then they arent dodgy. Crazy Taxi has arcade style controls, meaning that they are unrelastic as you can actually make the car skid all over the place. I have the DC version and not for one minute did I think the controls were dodgy. Try to play the PS2 version if you can and the DC version to see if they are the same.
Fri 18/05/01 at 14:14
"High polygon count"
Beanz... Beanz... are good for your heart...
Fri 18/05/01 at 14:12
Regular
"accidental superher"
no offence to the special reserve people but their reviews really aren't very good. they never look at the problems with the games...gee i wonder why...maybe cos they're trying to see it.

anyway the dc version doesn't have any dodgy control problems...
Thu 17/05/01 at 22:59
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Why not check the reviews which have been submitted to special reserve? They're really rather good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.