GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube/DS/Revolution online. Finally."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/12/04 at 16:38
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
[URL]http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1380[/URL]

Apologies if you've already read this, but whoo! Finally seems like Ninty are realising what people want etc. I always knew that the DS *would* be going online at somepoint, but now it's confirmed.

It's a far-cry from their usual, "Meh, we'll do it this way"
Sat 04/12/04 at 20:09
Regular
I really hate this, Nintendo have been saying this for years. The only new news is that they said they are working with Square Enix which could mean Final Fantasy will be Nintendo's flagship title.

Miyamoto, Iwata etc... have always said they'll go online but only after it starts making money. Microsoft have made a few errors with their service, Sony have made tonnes of errors. Nintendo have essentially waited to see who gets it right and follow them into battle. And that is what they are doing.

Gamecube could go online towards the end of 2005 for a service during 2006 to iron out any bugs for Revolution.

This isn't new, this has been said for years. I'm not convinced the Gamecube will go online, but with Revolution not scheduled till Q4 2006 then anything is possible.
Sat 04/12/04 at 19:53
"The Will of D."
If just one of the next gen consoles don't have online play they will loose the war straight away.
Sat 04/12/04 at 18:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I exepct the Revolution will have online stuff.
Wed 01/12/04 at 18:26
Regular
A$H wrote:
> Isn't the Cube already online?

Yes it's like one of the major features of the GC now, haven't you heard? It's called 'Live Cube' and has such cool things like a friends list, content downloads and you speak to people through a headset.

Pretty revolutionary stuff, changed the face of gaming forever.

Or the fact that the GC's online service is pretty poor seeing at the only game that uses it is PSO

Seems like Nintendo are getting in gear however and sorting some stuff out.
Wed 01/12/04 at 17:28
Regular
"thursdayton!"
T'was good news indeed.

More than 500,000 DS's sold so far in the US.. and 800,000 SP's in the same amount of time as well :D
Wed 01/12/04 at 17:25
Regular
Isn't the Cube already online?
Wed 01/12/04 at 17:00
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm glad Ninty have finally got their ass in gear, the needed this otherwise they would have gone downhill in my view, DS should be excellent online when it comes. (hopefully not too late)
Wed 01/12/04 at 16:38
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
[URL]http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1380[/URL]

Apologies if you've already read this, but whoo! Finally seems like Ninty are realising what people want etc. I always knew that the DS *would* be going online at somepoint, but now it's confirmed.

It's a far-cry from their usual, "Meh, we'll do it this way"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.