GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/12/04 at 21:49
Regular

Christmas is approaching, and sadly neither Metroid Prime 2 nor Paper Mario 2 have arrived. I have one month to pester SR and to send one of those letters to the Royal Mail to send me replacements, or basically my brother has no Christmas. Which is sad really, as I don’t deserve this cruel fate. If these games don’t come, I will be brutally tortured and thrown out into the cold, whilst my family tell my brother that Santa will be late and there’s nothing to worry about.

Now though, at the end of 2004, even though there are a handful of titles that I can’t wait to play, my attentions have turned to 2005. 2005 I feel will be a great year for Nintendo. They won’t become as popular as their bitter rivals Sony and Microsoft in terms of home console; far from it. But 2005 will offer us Nintendo gamers a whole host of brilliant games, and will also kick-start a new revolution of gaming in the form of the DS. 2005 I feel will be one of the Gamecube’s highlights, and also a year Nintendo thunderbolted the market with a console boosting features no other developer has used before. 2005 will be a year I remember for the following reasons:

Zelda: Four Swords

I know there’s quite a few of you who aren’t looking forward to this, but from my point of view this is one of my most anticipated games of the New Year. Four Swords just looks truly brilliant. Yes, the linking up for multiple players will be annoying, but it’ll be only me and my brother playing, so I’ll only need to purchase one more GBA. The puzzles and challenges in Four Swords look brilliant. Everything from the colour-coded block puzzles, to the rupee-thieving Red chickens I’m sure will keep me playing for hours on end. If I can get the setup going, this will be one game I’ll be playing long into the New Year.

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat

After the excellent Konga, my heart has opened up for peripheral-packaged games. JB I’m sure will be a great addition to the DK series. Using the Bongos to control the Kong I feel is a unique and fun idea, and I’m sure it will take off. And thankfully I’ll have all the equipment on hand after purchasing Konga recently, so I won’t need to go through all that trouble again.

Mario Power Tennis

This, as we all know, looks superb. This game will re-invent tennis, in a frantic and fun way. MT is brimming with Mario charm and magic, and thankfully Camelot have actually made some ‘major’ changes and features, which couldn’t really be said for Mario Golf. All the websites I’ve visited are praising this, and I will almost certainly purchase this excellent title.

Timesplitters: Future Perfect

This again is getting my gaming fingers twitching. I’m not sure what format I’ll get this on, but I’m edging toward the Cube version as then my brother can enjoy it and I won’t have ‘another’ FPS to add to my Xbox collection. I fell in love with TS2, and I’m sure this won’t disappoint. The screenshots look excellent, and the time control aspects of the game will add so much depth and fun to the game. Plus, I know the multiplayer will be right up there with the outstanding prequel.

Mario Party 6

‘LAUNCH!!!!’ has been one of the most commonly used words on this forum over the last few months. Yes, micro-phones are nothing new, but the laughs we’ll have with this game will be truly unreal. I’ve bought every Mario Party title, and I’m not going to let one that allows you to scream at your TV slip through my fingers. The multiplayer will be disturbingly fun and the mic will offer so much more to the franchise, and maybe even spur on more micro-phone using games. Can’t wait for this.

Resident Evil 4

I don’t even need to talk about this. We all know how awesome this is going to be. Yes, Capcom did make us fume with rage by realising it on the PS2, but with better visuals and a year’s head start, RE4 will be a killer hit for the Cube, and will hopefully convert a lot of gamers. I’ll say no more. March 2005, here we come.

Viewtiful Joe 2

This is looking gorgeous. Joe’s first outing I still play today, as I just can’t get enough of its frantic combat and 2D goodness. VJ2 will be what the original was and more. There have already been plenty of new features that have been announced, such as playing as Sylvia with a gun, and the whole game will just keep me glued to the screen for days I’m sure. Sadly, I’m afraid that this won’t sell as half as well as it should, due to an overwhelming amount of stupid gamers who will dis this off as a ‘crappy ol’ 2D game’. Absolute rubbish. This is a game I want to play so badly.

Killer 7

We’ve been waiting for Capcom’s violent shooter for ages, but I’m sure 2005 will be the year it is released. It is looking like one of the bloodiest and most violent games to grace on the Cube, and I’m going to love it. Taking control of a range of psychopathic nutcases will be bleeding awesome, and after the pretty good XIII, I’ve got my hopes up for this. Again though, I feel this won’t sell as well as they should.

Legend of Zelda (2005)

Has the potential to be the greatest video game ever created. Now, read that again, and think to yourself ‘Wow’. This will be too good to be true. Hardly any information is available at the present, but lets just ‘watch this space’, as they say. This will be incredible.

Nintendo DS

And how could I not mention the DS! I will be getting mine for Christmas 2005, and hopefully by then there will be a range of awesome games to dip into. The stylus, the games, the voice commands, just everything about the DS will be quality.

Ah well, that’s what will be motivating me throughout my gaming career in 2005, which is sadly going to come to an end soon. I just haven’t the time to play my games to death anymore, but I’m going to make sure that I play those games, for the good of my own health. So, when at Christmas time you’re booting up the likes of Paper Mario 2 and Prime 2, just keep a spare thought back for me, as I lay in the cold because my brother’s Christmas presents didn’t come.

I hate you Royal Mail :(
Thu 02/12/04 at 22:48
Regular
"thursdayton!"
mattributé wrote:
> YOU DIRTY GAD STEALING BAS
Thu 02/12/04 at 22:12
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> you missed Geist.
>
> That'd be because it looks crap ahaha.
>
> :-P

You fool, have you played it no then my point is more valied tha...

Oh and TS2's single player had me totally addicted, story mode was nothing special but then that wasn't a major deal.
Thu 02/12/04 at 20:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
YOU DIRTY GAD STEALING BAS
Thu 02/12/04 at 20:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I predict that Madden 2006 will have Peyton Manning on the front and will be genius. I also predict that Madden 2006 on the DS will be the best DS game ever created.
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:17
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Crumble wrote:
> Personally, I'm liking the looks of it.

OMG I'm completely convinced now.

And Timesplitters 2 solo was not good. It was good in comparison with a lot of Cube shooters, but for the most part it just felt a completely effortless and makeshift attempt.

The multiplayer always has and will be TS's highlight.
Thu 02/12/04 at 17:42
Regular
Yeah, the challenge mode was great and reminded me of Perfect Dark. But the story mode was pretty poor.
Thu 02/12/04 at 16:33
Regular
"0228"
Ashman wrote:
> Timesplitters single player = dire
> Timesplitters multi player = great

What are you talking about, the arcade league and challenge mode were great. Story mode could have been better but calling it dire is a bit over the top.
Thu 02/12/04 at 16:20
Regular
Personally, I'm liking the looks of it.

And yes, TS3 will kick so much ass.
Thu 02/12/04 at 16:19
Regular
TS3 is going to kick almighty ass. Must have spend well over 100 hours on TS2, Future Perfect shall be massive for me.

Oh, and like I said before, Killer 7 looks crappy. It looks like an arcade game without the fun of losing money and holding a tacky plastic gun.
Thu 02/12/04 at 16:18
Regular
Yes, I know.

But I'm sure if Dringo came on at this very moment, he would comment on how it 'isn't crap'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.