GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sales and scores, Pikmin and so on"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/12/04 at 15:27
Regular
Bad news for Metroid Prime 2. It is being outsold but the totally un-advertised Paper Mario 2, entering Number 33 in the charts.

Terrible Utterly Terrible. On a brighter note GTA SA, Halo 2 and MP2 were all given 9/10 in the latest GAMES TM, which shows me that all systems have a one exclusive quality title that are as good as eachother. In fact POP2 also got 9/10. So they all got a multi-format quality title too. Well that's just the impession I got.

Pikmin 2, finished it last week. Best game on the Gamecube by far. So Nintendo. It is what the likes of Strafio have been craving for, a Nintendo game that had perfect presentation. Nintendo didn't perfect titles like wind Waker and the original Pikmin, they sorta released them too soon. A little longer in development was needed. Pikmin 2 was finished in 2 years even with the engine in place and it was brilliant. The little extras such as the sales pitches for the items and chucking pik pik carrots at the baddies. Baddies were all excellently designed, nearly as well as the nostaligic levels and the Pikmin were wonderful. They way they swayed and chanted as you moved. What a wonderful game. It really breathed and showed Nintendo back on top. Perfect Stratagy game, only complaint is that now there are no bombs the yellow Pikmin were used less and the purple Pikmin needed another strength. But other than that we got such a great game. If you haven't got it. Get it.

Got Paper Mario 2 today at last. Cheers SR.

Talks of Nintendo's demise continue into its tenth year. You know people will be discussing it in the next ten years and Nintendo still will be around. Entering the movie bussiness is a smart idea, reinvent Mario like sonic or even invent a new world of characters and so forth and have Nintendo make a game about it. Great great idea Nintendo.

DS sales are great. 500,000 in its first week in America, 90% of the stock allocated! And the GBA SP and GBA in that week shipped 800,000 copies.... brief calculations would indicate a 1.3 million Nintendo handhelds sold in a week. Nice.

PSP's launch in Japan on the other hand seems worrying. Just 200,000 at launch with a further 300,000 by the end of the year. The reason is because Sony want to allocate more stock for the PS2. Only 500,000 in the Christmas period! And we were worried about a DS shortage that hopes to shift 2 million by the end of the year in Japan alone with 1 million planned for america.

A good launch does not mean success (n64 and Gamecube is a fine example) but it is nice. PSP is also not meant to make a profit for 2 years whilst the DS does from the start. Now we know where Nintendo make their money, they actually make a profit on what they sell!

On the subject of the DS, Baiton Kaitos and the old Sony exclusive Xenosaga is now due on the DS. Namco do love the DS.

Japanese launch of the DS today. Hope it goes well. But the cold weather and the fact it was a normal bussiness day seems to indicate a muted launch.

Here's to the future.

Dringo.
Thu 02/12/04 at 22:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Scope wrote:
> horror Need for Speed Underground 2 did "coz itz kewl"

Racing cars with neons = teenage casual gamer's wet dream.
Thu 02/12/04 at 21:40
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Was that meant to be just a random jumble of thoughts, Dringo?

Yep, I wrote a longer one but internet explorer died on me.
Thu 02/12/04 at 20:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Was that meant to be just a random jumble of thoughts, Dringo?
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:43
Regular
Thank god Goldeneye Rogue Agent didn't sell that well.. but shock horror Need for Speed Underground 2 did "coz itz kewl" aswell as FIFA 2005.. not that NFSU is crap there are better racing games compared to it as it's made by EA...
Thu 02/12/04 at 15:58
Regular
I'm getting the DS when it comes out in the UK because I still play my Gameboy SP alot and dont really need another handheld with less battery life.
Thu 02/12/04 at 15:27
Regular
Bad news for Metroid Prime 2. It is being outsold but the totally un-advertised Paper Mario 2, entering Number 33 in the charts.

Terrible Utterly Terrible. On a brighter note GTA SA, Halo 2 and MP2 were all given 9/10 in the latest GAMES TM, which shows me that all systems have a one exclusive quality title that are as good as eachother. In fact POP2 also got 9/10. So they all got a multi-format quality title too. Well that's just the impession I got.

Pikmin 2, finished it last week. Best game on the Gamecube by far. So Nintendo. It is what the likes of Strafio have been craving for, a Nintendo game that had perfect presentation. Nintendo didn't perfect titles like wind Waker and the original Pikmin, they sorta released them too soon. A little longer in development was needed. Pikmin 2 was finished in 2 years even with the engine in place and it was brilliant. The little extras such as the sales pitches for the items and chucking pik pik carrots at the baddies. Baddies were all excellently designed, nearly as well as the nostaligic levels and the Pikmin were wonderful. They way they swayed and chanted as you moved. What a wonderful game. It really breathed and showed Nintendo back on top. Perfect Stratagy game, only complaint is that now there are no bombs the yellow Pikmin were used less and the purple Pikmin needed another strength. But other than that we got such a great game. If you haven't got it. Get it.

Got Paper Mario 2 today at last. Cheers SR.

Talks of Nintendo's demise continue into its tenth year. You know people will be discussing it in the next ten years and Nintendo still will be around. Entering the movie bussiness is a smart idea, reinvent Mario like sonic or even invent a new world of characters and so forth and have Nintendo make a game about it. Great great idea Nintendo.

DS sales are great. 500,000 in its first week in America, 90% of the stock allocated! And the GBA SP and GBA in that week shipped 800,000 copies.... brief calculations would indicate a 1.3 million Nintendo handhelds sold in a week. Nice.

PSP's launch in Japan on the other hand seems worrying. Just 200,000 at launch with a further 300,000 by the end of the year. The reason is because Sony want to allocate more stock for the PS2. Only 500,000 in the Christmas period! And we were worried about a DS shortage that hopes to shift 2 million by the end of the year in Japan alone with 1 million planned for america.

A good launch does not mean success (n64 and Gamecube is a fine example) but it is nice. PSP is also not meant to make a profit for 2 years whilst the DS does from the start. Now we know where Nintendo make their money, they actually make a profit on what they sell!

On the subject of the DS, Baiton Kaitos and the old Sony exclusive Xenosaga is now due on the DS. Namco do love the DS.

Japanese launch of the DS today. Hope it goes well. But the cold weather and the fact it was a normal bussiness day seems to indicate a muted launch.

Here's to the future.

Dringo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.