GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Intercontinental Contenders"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 17:00
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Has anyone else noticed that all of the Intercontinental Champions lately have used it as a stepping stone to the World Heavyweight Title. This has been the case for years, but recently there is an overload of contenders - Batista, Orton, Jericho, Edge, Benoit. I know this was done for the elimination chamber but it has left the Intercontinental Championship with few contenders. Orton lost his IC title to become World Heavyweight Champ, Edge moved on from the IC title to the World Heavyweight title, Jericho moved on from the IC Title back up to the World Heavyweigt Title and now Shelton Benjamin definately has Triple H worked out and is a worthy challenger if he could go for the title. The IC Title is getting less competitors and the WWE have had to use one of the last resorts...Maven! who was a Heat regular. Any ideas for storylines or new competitors to make the IC Title more exciting?
Thu 20/01/05 at 12:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
heh, true
Thu 20/01/05 at 12:15
Regular
"..."
Kawada wrote:
> I've always thought of the IC title as the one where the actually
> decent wrestlers go for while they let the botch monkeys go for the
> WWE title.

So did I. Till they put it on Albert/A-Train...and Test.
Wed 19/01/05 at 19:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I've always thought of the IC title as the one where the actually decent wrestlers go for while they let the botch monkeys go for the WWE title.
Wed 19/01/05 at 16:35
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Basically, I'd take anyone, apart from the Coach.

he needs to stick to comedy matches, he's got good expressions.
his indy comedy match with Foley was pretty good by all accounts.
Wed 19/01/05 at 14:31
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I can't believe la resistance got the titles back, they are so annoying! Christian is going with Tomko for the Tag Titles i think, so he shouldnt be an IC Contender any time soon, Regal would be a good choice now he has time to spare waiting for Eugene to come back.
I still think Benjamin is World Title material but is being kept at IC level becasue of the overload of contenders.
There were some Great IC Title matches between Orton and Edge and i know they wont happen again for the IC Title but they should get two good superstars to have a good match and make the IC Title more exciting...The IC Ladder Match was well good as well between Christian and Y2J.
Wed 19/01/05 at 12:19
Regular
"..."
Jae wrote:
> Did Batista ever hold the IC title..?

No, they kinda pushed him the direction of it, but half-assed it by throwing him into triple threats where the other two guys (Jericho and Edge I believe) were feuding, let him destroy both of them, but never manage to grab the belt.

> Jericho shouldn't go for the IC title anymore
> at all. It was stupid last time he had it. He should have had the
> World title round his waist again instead. Near enough the same for
> Benoit as well. They're both way above IC status in my opinion.

Amen.

> Shelton Benjamin is perfect for the IC title at the moment and Maven
> is an okish contender but the WWE would be better to have Orton back
> going for it.. But they've ruined that now. He's a good wrestler, but
> too overated..

Again, amen to that.
>
> I say a fued with Christian would be the best thing that the WWE
> could do for the IC title, then along with Shelton, there's two
> amazing wrestlers who could put on a good match. :)

Christian has probably held the IC enough for now as well. He's in the same bracket as Edge, too good for the IC, not good enough for the world.

There's plenty of wasted mid-card talent who could do a wonderful job with the IC title. Regal, now he's dropped the Tag Strap, Rhyno, Tajiri, The Hurricane and Val venis could all be excellent IC champions. Even Snitsky's character could be boosted by the arrival of a strap. Basically, I'd take anyone, apart from the Coach.
Tue 18/01/05 at 21:40
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Did Batista ever hold the IC title..? Don't think he did but I do have a short memory span. :D Jericho shouldn't go for the IC title anymore at all. It was stupid last time he had it. He should have had the World title round his waist again instead. Near enough the same for Benoit as well. They're both way above IC status in my opinion.

Shelton Benjamin is perfect for the IC title at the moment and Maven is an okish contender but the WWE would be better to have Orton back going for it.. But they've ruined that now. He's a good wrestler, but too overated..

I say a fued with Christian would be the best thing that the WWE could do for the IC title, then along with Shelton, there's two amazing wrestlers who could put on a good match. :)
Tue 18/01/05 at 17:00
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Has anyone else noticed that all of the Intercontinental Champions lately have used it as a stepping stone to the World Heavyweight Title. This has been the case for years, but recently there is an overload of contenders - Batista, Orton, Jericho, Edge, Benoit. I know this was done for the elimination chamber but it has left the Intercontinental Championship with few contenders. Orton lost his IC title to become World Heavyweight Champ, Edge moved on from the IC title to the World Heavyweight title, Jericho moved on from the IC Title back up to the World Heavyweigt Title and now Shelton Benjamin definately has Triple H worked out and is a worthy challenger if he could go for the title. The IC Title is getting less competitors and the WWE have had to use one of the last resorts...Maven! who was a Heat regular. Any ideas for storylines or new competitors to make the IC Title more exciting?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.