GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suikoden 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Suikoden IV'.
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:34
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Nobody tried this yet? I've read some quite negative impressions so far, so I'm debating whether to get it myself. Narrative has returned to a single path (I thought S3 was the best of the series by some distance, largely due to the story and method of telling it).. people don't seem to like the graphics or controls and it seems the combat has been simplified to the extent it's even simpler than S1. Characters are voiced this time but the main character is still a mute, which seemingly makes it feel really strange.

I'd like to hear more favourable opinions before I splash out I think.
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:34
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Nobody tried this yet? I've read some quite negative impressions so far, so I'm debating whether to get it myself. Narrative has returned to a single path (I thought S3 was the best of the series by some distance, largely due to the story and method of telling it).. people don't seem to like the graphics or controls and it seems the combat has been simplified to the extent it's even simpler than S1. Characters are voiced this time but the main character is still a mute, which seemingly makes it feel really strange.

I'd like to hear more favourable opinions before I splash out I think.
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Got it a week back however Growlanser Generations and Final Fantasy Tactics are keeping me busy. I like the graphical style from the box though
Tue 18/01/05 at 13:27
Regular
"Bicycle"
It ain't looking too apealing...

RPG on a ship? No thanks.
Tue 18/01/05 at 13:43
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I believe Final Fantasy 12 has similar settings (although from what I remember it's air-ships/pirates along the lines of Skies of Arcadia - just no doubt without the mind-numbingly dull and repetitive gameplay, lol)
Tue 18/01/05 at 14:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
All main characters in RPGs are mute...normally..aren't they?

Except FF. And TOS.

Bah.

Still.
Wed 19/01/05 at 19:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cycloon wrote:
> All main characters in RPGs are mute...normally..aren't they?

Hmmmmm good question actually. Don't know, i'd guess in the majority of RPG's the main character is normally mute.
Wed 19/01/05 at 20:00
Regular
"Bicycle"
Not these days.

I mean, wassisface from Disgaea wasn't a mute. In fact, it was one of the best voice acted games (if not he best - only San Andreas compares) I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

And no... I mean, I could swear even a couple of the retro games had voice acting. Though poor.

And not mute even. I mean, they talk in bubbles. If they were truly mute, they would just do a Garnet - "..."
Wed 19/01/05 at 20:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea meant to say in the newer games they tend to talk more the older ones though the characters tended to talk at you and tell you to do stuff and you just nodded or something
Wed 19/01/05 at 20:47
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Coin wrote:
> It ain't looking too apealing...
>
> RPG on a ship? No thanks.

3 words. Skies Of Arcadia
Thu 20/01/05 at 03:22
Regular
"Bicycle"
2 words. Was Good.

But I thought those were cool flying airship thingies, not silly little boats?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.