GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suikoden 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Suikoden IV'.
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:34
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Nobody tried this yet? I've read some quite negative impressions so far, so I'm debating whether to get it myself. Narrative has returned to a single path (I thought S3 was the best of the series by some distance, largely due to the story and method of telling it).. people don't seem to like the graphics or controls and it seems the combat has been simplified to the extent it's even simpler than S1. Characters are voiced this time but the main character is still a mute, which seemingly makes it feel really strange.

I'd like to hear more favourable opinions before I splash out I think.
Thu 27/01/05 at 13:26
Regular
"8==="
You mean PSO. :D
Thu 27/01/05 at 12:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Breath of Fire probably had the best idea. Just put bubbles of emotion above their head. So a tear for when they're sad and all that
Thu 27/01/05 at 10:09
Regular
"8==="
Coin wrote:
>
> And not mute even. I mean, they talk in bubbles. If they were truly
> mute, they would just do a Garnet - "..."

Ah, but they could just talk in sign-language with a translation for the player.
Thu 27/01/05 at 10:07
Regular
"8==="
Kawada wrote:
> Cycloon wrote:
> All main characters in RPGs are mute...normally..aren't they?
>
>
> Hmmmmm good question actually. Don't know, i'd guess in the majority
> of RPG's the main character is normally mute.

This is generally a good idea. I prefer to imagine voices in many RPG's, Sudeki does a good job with it's voices but, as we know, some games have terrible voice acting that can put you right off.
Tue 25/01/05 at 13:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Didn't say it at same time, minute off nan nan ner ner :-D
Tue 25/01/05 at 13:20
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Jinx!
Tue 25/01/05 at 13:20
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
There was a duck (well, a whole village of ducks) in the last game, Suikoden III. Don't know about this one, but I suppose it's possible.
Tue 25/01/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
There was a duck main character in Suikoden 3, couldn't say about 4 yet as it's still in its wrapping on my shelf
Tue 25/01/05 at 13:00
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
The game looked great. You have a duck as part of your party!!!! cool or what. Is that the game ???
Thu 20/01/05 at 15:35
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Well see, I thought (and still do) that the first 2 suikoden's were massively overrated. So it could go either way for me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.