GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm Sick of 'Friends' Making Excuses When I Play Halo 2 Multiplayer"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:53
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Yeah, I know it's a rant, but I can't really put this in Life. So...

As the title implies, I really am sick of it. "Yeah, but you shot me whilst I was reloading", then RELOAD MANUALLY BEFORE YOU ENTER COMBAT YOU FOOL! The other classic is of course, "But I had the rocket launcher!" Exactly, that is why I killed you.

I get really bored of it, I really do. It's the most fantastic multiplayer game ever, (especially when you are playing against people that accept that the point is to kill the other players by any means necessary), but I get really annoyed by the people that can't accept it.

I rejected an off er from someone today to go and play Halo 2 with them at the weekend as I know I will just get annoyed by it. I am perfectly happy to play my way through the single player.

Whilst I'm here I might as well talk about people that bulls**t about how good they are at the game. A guy at school said he completed the game on easy in 6 hours. This may well be possible, and I'm sure that there are people on here that have done it, but this guy didn't even own the original. So what did we do? Me and a friend took it in turns to play him one-on-one at Slayer, and he managed just 2 kills both times, hohoho.

On the same note, people that say things like "I've done it on Heroic on so-and-so's console" when they don't even own it, are also blatently talking faeces, and should therefore be shot. With a Sniper Rifle, probably.

Finally, there are the people who are scared of changing Slayer so that the scoring is 'kills - deaths', as they know they just run around like fools, and have an average life of about 36 seconds, when some of us have an average life of 7 minutes 54 seconds (which I point out to them on many occasions). Surely the way to determine the best player is to turn this scoring system on? Imagine them in real life, walking into a large clearing and being killed. Not going to kill nayone else now, are we?

Bah! Rant fin.
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:53
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Yeah, I know it's a rant, but I can't really put this in Life. So...

As the title implies, I really am sick of it. "Yeah, but you shot me whilst I was reloading", then RELOAD MANUALLY BEFORE YOU ENTER COMBAT YOU FOOL! The other classic is of course, "But I had the rocket launcher!" Exactly, that is why I killed you.

I get really bored of it, I really do. It's the most fantastic multiplayer game ever, (especially when you are playing against people that accept that the point is to kill the other players by any means necessary), but I get really annoyed by the people that can't accept it.

I rejected an off er from someone today to go and play Halo 2 with them at the weekend as I know I will just get annoyed by it. I am perfectly happy to play my way through the single player.

Whilst I'm here I might as well talk about people that bulls**t about how good they are at the game. A guy at school said he completed the game on easy in 6 hours. This may well be possible, and I'm sure that there are people on here that have done it, but this guy didn't even own the original. So what did we do? Me and a friend took it in turns to play him one-on-one at Slayer, and he managed just 2 kills both times, hohoho.

On the same note, people that say things like "I've done it on Heroic on so-and-so's console" when they don't even own it, are also blatently talking faeces, and should therefore be shot. With a Sniper Rifle, probably.

Finally, there are the people who are scared of changing Slayer so that the scoring is 'kills - deaths', as they know they just run around like fools, and have an average life of about 36 seconds, when some of us have an average life of 7 minutes 54 seconds (which I point out to them on many occasions). Surely the way to determine the best player is to turn this scoring system on? Imagine them in real life, walking into a large clearing and being killed. Not going to kill nayone else now, are we?

Bah! Rant fin.
Thu 02/12/04 at 19:07
Regular
What I hate is when your in a 1v1 match, and your like kicking their asses with normal weapons, then they get the energy sword and just hiide behind the corners and you walk round them and they kill you, the same with sniper rifles >:( really gets on my nerve :<
Thu 02/12/04 at 19:08
"Goodbye Cruel World"
I completely know where your coming from. Luckily i have a group of friends (offline and online) who don't take it that seriosly which means we all normally have fun. However i do find when playing LIVE you get people complaining about "oh it's because my team is s***" or "you just hogged the vehicle" which really does annoy me. I mean why would Bungie have made vehicles if they didnt want people to use them?

In the end though i don't take it to heart. It's just a game after all and even if people do complain at least you can say your more adult then them.

Oh and you can insult them - thats always fun!
Thu 02/12/04 at 22:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Any deatmatch game on any FPS/shooter can be annoying when crowded- Creepy's pet hate is getting shot in the back. It's a perfectly valid kill, just annoying because you can't do much about it ;)
Thu 02/12/04 at 22:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
SpoonZoR wrote:
> What I hate is when your in a 1v1 match, and your like kicking their
> asses with normal weapons, then they get the energy sword and just
> hiide behind the corners and you walk round them and they kill you,
> the same with sniper rifles >:( really gets on my nerve :<

1 on 1 matches p*ss me off the most, especially when they get the sniper rifle/rocket/sword combination (pick any 2, usually the sniper rifle/beam rifle), sit in one place and slaughter you. I say to the 'put down the uber guns and fight with skill, not practise'. I'd lose anyway, but it gets to them ;).
Fri 03/12/04 at 01:41
Regular
"BOSE"
SNIPERS!!! Snipers pizz me right off (especially good ones)! They sit up there in their lonely corner/room with a box of doughnuts and a coke, wathcing the action and picking off people here and there. I dunno about anyone else, but i get really peed off when I get a gun or 2 I love (eg: shotgun, energy sword, rocket) and you get sniped!

As for matches. It seems mostly to be the americans that slug you off if they lose, win or draw. It's a great game to have fun on. It pizzes me off when people take it too seriously, you know?
Fri 03/12/04 at 15:45
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
ive not played 1 person who just stays in one place waiting for a kill.
Fri 03/12/04 at 18:15
Regular
Camping is an effective tactic.
Annoying but effective, and if its someone idea of fun, let them do it.
Fri 03/12/04 at 18:51
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
You ain't no good player crap player.
Sat 04/12/04 at 07:55
Regular
"BOSE"
How can anyone enjoy camping? You miss all the fun and action, and everyone hates you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.