GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My bloody headset snapped again."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/12/04 at 21:04
Regular
So I'm thinking of picking up one of those Halo ones, purely because there doesn't appear to be any 'snappable' bits on them, just a complete unit and not a flimsy pathetic clip on effort.

Can anyone confirm this? Otherwise I'll just have to buy another HIGH QUALITY™ Microsoft one.
Thu 02/12/04 at 21:04
Regular
So I'm thinking of picking up one of those Halo ones, purely because there doesn't appear to be any 'snappable' bits on them, just a complete unit and not a flimsy pathetic clip on effort.

Can anyone confirm this? Otherwise I'll just have to buy another HIGH QUALITY™ Microsoft one.
Thu 02/12/04 at 21:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Use an elastic band to secure it to your head.

5p at your local post office.
Thu 02/12/04 at 21:09
Regular
I had it tied to my head using one of my work ties this evening.

Not very comfortable after prolonged periods.

Made even worse by 15 retards groaning down their mics.
Thu 02/12/04 at 21:12
Regular
:< poor bullet :<
Thu 02/12/04 at 21:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mine snapped, but in such a way it was easily 'gluable'.

Woot.
Thu 02/12/04 at 23:17
Regular
I might buy one of these babies.

My original Live headset is intact, but after several hours play I find it begins to dig into your ear. I prefer the idea of a bluetooth-esque mobile phone hands free style headset. but that's 30 whole pounds I'll have to shell out. mmmmm
Fri 03/12/04 at 01:45
Regular
"BOSE"
Bullett, it goes on your head, not around your azz ;-)

I was thinking about getting a Halo 2 headset myself. They're meant to be really comfortable to wear and all
Fri 03/12/04 at 06:28
Regular
Well I've just realised - my Xbox Live account runs out on New Years Eve, so I can either get a Halo 2 headset,or I can get another Starter Kit and kill two birds with one stone as it were.

Decisions decisions...
Fri 03/12/04 at 07:35
The headset is very comfy indeed - though it does take a bit of adjusting. I still sold mine though, because I usually listen through my headphones instead of speakers, so along with the headset it was impossible to do.
Fri 03/12/04 at 10:25
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> Mine snapped, but in such a way it was easily 'gluable'.

I could have glued mine, if it wasn't for two things:

I had no glue;
The bit that snapped off vanished someplace.

The closest tool to hand was the tie I was wearing earlier! I looked like a cheap-ass Rambo :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.