GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Feel The Magic XY:XX first Impression"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Feel the Magic: XY:XX'.
Fri 03/12/04 at 08:04
Regular
Well it came today so I had a quick go on a 'toilet break' :)

It's brilliant, it really is. Much better than Wario Ware from What I've played.

I only got through the first chapter but already I've regurgitated goldfish, blown candles out, saved trolley riders from mines, opened parachutes and saved the prize girl from a stampede of raging bulls and skiing men!

It's got this charm about it which just brings a smile to your face on every game - from blowing into the mic, making your team go dizzy, to the little 'manly pose' your guy does every time he gets points.

The silhouettes are actually 3D too, not sprites. The sound is mint, although I had to turn it down, so as to not get caught :D

You know you're onto a winner when you're frantically tapping away at a giant bull to calm him down!

I recommend this to anyone with a DS - it really is something special!

Now to wait for Wario Ware DS and see if it can meet the challenge...
Fri 03/12/04 at 08:04
Regular
Well it came today so I had a quick go on a 'toilet break' :)

It's brilliant, it really is. Much better than Wario Ware from What I've played.

I only got through the first chapter but already I've regurgitated goldfish, blown candles out, saved trolley riders from mines, opened parachutes and saved the prize girl from a stampede of raging bulls and skiing men!

It's got this charm about it which just brings a smile to your face on every game - from blowing into the mic, making your team go dizzy, to the little 'manly pose' your guy does every time he gets points.

The silhouettes are actually 3D too, not sprites. The sound is mint, although I had to turn it down, so as to not get caught :D

You know you're onto a winner when you're frantically tapping away at a giant bull to calm him down!

I recommend this to anyone with a DS - it really is something special!

Now to wait for Wario Ware DS and see if it can meet the challenge...
Fri 03/12/04 at 11:25
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I really want this.

Urgh, damn you!
Fri 03/12/04 at 11:39
Regular
I feel the same about your posession of Super Mario :D

Managed to get another bash on it and made it to the level after the 2nd Boss.

It really is so varied in the stuff it asks of you, and although the first comparison you'd think of is Wario Ware, I'd have to say that it's in a league of it's own. Only a few missions have a time limit, some have an individual limit (don't let the guys sink in the sand too much or they'll get eaten by the Antlion) and some don't have a limit at all, but test your skill by the toughness of the level.

I don't know how long the game is, so longevity can't be commented on, but so far every task has been excellent.

Unicycling between skyscrapers? Catapulting people into a van to blow it up? Screaming your head off so your girlfriend can hear you?

Yeah go on then :)
Fri 03/12/04 at 11:53
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Well I just went and ordered Wario Ware and Feel The Magic, so I can give direct impressions when I get 'em sometime next week.

Yay me.
Boo my wallet.
Fri 03/12/04 at 12:00
Regular
Wario Ware isn't out yet is it?
Fri 03/12/04 at 12:25
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
JAP version.
Fri 03/12/04 at 14:26
Regular
I can't wait for the game, IGN gave it just 7.9 but they did insist I buy it. Not that they needed to, one of my more anticipated launch titles.

Must be real special if it beats Wario Ware.
Fri 03/12/04 at 15:47
Regular
Thats just it though. Although at first it may seem like the same kind of game, it really isn't. Sure, it's a bunch of mini-tasks, but they're executed so much differently.

In my opinion, I prefer this formula to the WW one.

I'm still really looking forward to WWDS though. Ashman, let me know if theres an English languafe option in it. FTM has both English and Japanese so I'm hoping the Jap WW will be the same.
Fri 03/12/04 at 15:55
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I'd be incredibly surprised if there was no English language option on Wario Ware DS, I really would.
Fri 03/12/04 at 15:55
Regular
The GC version didn't have one, so you never know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.