GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Consumer Apathy at its very best!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 12:50
Regular
The Playstation two apparently is overpriced in Europe - 3,500,000 sold in six months. The PS2 is probably not going to be as good as other consoles on the way - 6,000,000 sold between the US and Europe in 7 months. The PS2 has poor graphincs and no good games - 11,000,000 sold worldwide since respective launches, DVD sales rocket 5 fold in Japan and show considerable increases globally. The only games from last year which still get out of there boxes - SSX and Red Alert 2. The most anticipated games ever - MGS2 & GT3.

Just a few PS2 facts for you. Now why is everyone blowing there trumpet about PS2 being so bad. DVD quality is not the best, ok, but at least it plays movies straight out of the box, no other console will match this. It looks reasonable when sitting next to a Sony tv, quite understandable really, very few people buy hi-fi separates from different companies due to cosmetics. You can program your own simple games on it. But best of all, wait for it .... ---- !!! IT RUNS GAMES!!! Did you get that, it actually lets you sit in front of your TV on your sofa and play games. Surely not?? Even better it plays the best games available at this moment in time, not bad for a 6 month old console. Wait a minute did I miss something??? The PS2 is sooo bad, but it lets people play new games and all of there old games from the last 5 years which they thought had been relegated to the loft. The best footy game at the moment is on the PSOne, but it runs perfectly in my PS2.

You can safely say that I am confused!!!
Thu 17/05/01 at 12:50
Regular
The Playstation two apparently is overpriced in Europe - 3,500,000 sold in six months. The PS2 is probably not going to be as good as other consoles on the way - 6,000,000 sold between the US and Europe in 7 months. The PS2 has poor graphincs and no good games - 11,000,000 sold worldwide since respective launches, DVD sales rocket 5 fold in Japan and show considerable increases globally. The only games from last year which still get out of there boxes - SSX and Red Alert 2. The most anticipated games ever - MGS2 & GT3.

Just a few PS2 facts for you. Now why is everyone blowing there trumpet about PS2 being so bad. DVD quality is not the best, ok, but at least it plays movies straight out of the box, no other console will match this. It looks reasonable when sitting next to a Sony tv, quite understandable really, very few people buy hi-fi separates from different companies due to cosmetics. You can program your own simple games on it. But best of all, wait for it .... ---- !!! IT RUNS GAMES!!! Did you get that, it actually lets you sit in front of your TV on your sofa and play games. Surely not?? Even better it plays the best games available at this moment in time, not bad for a 6 month old console. Wait a minute did I miss something??? The PS2 is sooo bad, but it lets people play new games and all of there old games from the last 5 years which they thought had been relegated to the loft. The best footy game at the moment is on the PSOne, but it runs perfectly in my PS2.

You can safely say that I am confused!!!
Thu 17/05/01 at 15:39
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think Red Alert 2 is for the PC not PS2
Thu 17/05/01 at 15:55
Regular
I think you will find that there is also a playstation version, not a PS2 i hasten to add
Thu 17/05/01 at 16:50
Regular
Aren't you a clever little thing, when did I ever say it was a PS2 game, all I said was I still play it, I amn't exactly typing on this Forum from my PS2 either, am I? Does that mean that I am not allowed to type here??

adrian wrote:
> I think Red Alert 2 is for the PC not PS2
Thu 17/05/01 at 17:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
When I read it in my head and my understanding I thought you meant that most PS2 owners only play on SSX and Red Alert 2 from last year. But you were talking about yourself. Sorry for the miss understanding Bonus. I have exams soon and its a bit of a pain as 2 years of work will be put to the test in a just a few exams for each of my 3 subjects, so Iam not completely on the ball at the moment.
Thu 17/05/01 at 17:33
Regular
Sorry for being such a git in my reply too, it was an honest mistake to make. At least we didn't go to war over it.
Thu 17/05/01 at 18:04
yo bonus, do u own a ps2? coz u were talkin bout ssx in that other message board
Thu 17/05/01 at 19:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I actually didnt take offence to your reply Bonus. I would have probably written the same sort of thing aswell as a reply. As the reply you wrote was good as you didnt swear or go completey mad at me. As you said it as a honest mistake that other people could easly make especially if they arent consentrating 100%.
Thu 17/05/01 at 19:39
Regular
I do own a PS2.
Thu 17/05/01 at 19:41
Regular
And a DC, PC and Playstation. And I traded my n64 and games in for £160 against my PS2, I only played Goldeneye on it so i got timesplitters.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.