GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Barbed Wire? Oh yesss..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/01/05 at 12:57
Regular
"..."
Source:- Wrestlezone

WWE is apparently going forward with their planned stipulations for the main-event of the February scheduled "No Way Out" SmackDown-brand pay-per view. According to local ads in Pittsburgh, PA., WWE is promoting the main-event to be a "first ever barbed wire cage match for the WWE Championship." No wrestlers were specified, although the best bet would be John Bradshaw Layfield versus The Big Show. The show is scheduled for the Mellon Arena.

Now, far be it from me to give any credit to the WWE, but this will be great! The one thing better than seeing two talented workers (Sabu vs Funk anyone?) mutilate their bodies and go through the pain barrier for the sake of the fans. Is seeing two untalented workers who I hate personally and professionally get cut to ribbons! It'll be great :-)
Thu 13/01/05 at 12:57
Regular
"..."
Source:- Wrestlezone

WWE is apparently going forward with their planned stipulations for the main-event of the February scheduled "No Way Out" SmackDown-brand pay-per view. According to local ads in Pittsburgh, PA., WWE is promoting the main-event to be a "first ever barbed wire cage match for the WWE Championship." No wrestlers were specified, although the best bet would be John Bradshaw Layfield versus The Big Show. The show is scheduled for the Mellon Arena.

Now, far be it from me to give any credit to the WWE, but this will be great! The one thing better than seeing two talented workers (Sabu vs Funk anyone?) mutilate their bodies and go through the pain barrier for the sake of the fans. Is seeing two untalented workers who I hate personally and professionally get cut to ribbons! It'll be great :-)
Thu 13/01/05 at 12:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It'd be the only way they make the match not a total disaster. Let the gimmick match commence
Thu 13/01/05 at 13:00
Regular
"..."
Kawada wrote:
> It'd be the only way they make the match not a total disaster. Let the
> gimmick match commence

I have a feeling I'd critically still hate the match. But the sadist in me would just enjoy knowing that JBL and The Big Slow were going through pain.
Thu 13/01/05 at 13:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I too share that opinion. Hopefully they'll both get injured for a while and they can put the strap back on someone deserving and who can actually wrestle like Eddie
Thu 13/01/05 at 13:37
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, all JBL knows how to do in main event title matches is bleed, so this will be right up his street.

I'm going to remain skeptical and say that they will find a way of dumbing it down by having blunt barbed wire or something.

I heard this a month ago too... :)
Thu 13/01/05 at 13:53
Regular
"..."
Grandprix wrote:
> Well, all JBL knows how to do in main event title matches is bleed, so
> this will be right up his street.
>
> I'm going to remain skeptical and say that they will find a way of
> dumbing it down by having blunt barbed wire or something.
>
> I heard this a month ago too... :)

Ah well, I haven't been able to check the news sights for a while. I expect they will gimmick the barbed wire the same way WCW used. There the ends of the barbed wire were dipped into liquid black rubber, which would then cool and make the barbed wire safe. This wasn't visible on TV, because in the long shots it was simpky too small to see and they were very sparing and tactical with their close ups.
Thu 13/01/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
reminds me of flaming 2×4s wrapped in barbed wire, and thumb tacks etc
Thu 13/01/05 at 15:43
Regular
"you've got a beard"
JBL vs The Big Show?
man, i hope i can keep up with that match, i see it being quite frantic.

.. hoho.
Thu 13/01/05 at 16:36
Regular
Ah well a fresh idea I guess. I want to see Big Show bleed!
Thu 13/01/05 at 16:39
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> JBL vs The Big Show?
> man, i hope i can keep up with that match, i see it being quite
> frantic.
>
Good job it's Smackdown. JR would have never kept up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.