GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC17 - Finding Permanence"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/01/05 at 10:34
Regular
Pawing through her belongings I gazed down upon my hand, that lump still ever present, still stretching the skin between a deep scar like a face grinning up at me with grimace. Things didn't used to be like this, once this forgotten place held the brightest of all lights, shining like a beacon in all directions, blinding those of an unpure heart and marring time to the point of a standstill.

I was in love. We were in love. A regression through time as our flower blossomed, evolved into a joint obsession, between one another flame upon flame were built to our blazing hearts. Nothing else mattered. She would reach out to me and I would fall to her bosom like the ocean sweeping me to a distant unknown. A blissful state of abundance we lived in. Reality is for those who don't have anything better.

I would wish it would never end, I would wish we could set the world ablaze. I still do in many ways, but that is lost. Why did such a fate have to befall a love of innocence? A passion spiralling to eternity, not even the brightest of lights could scold us. The sky would part for us, the flowers smile; the sound of a distance stream locked in melancholy would flow through our being.

Then she broke away. Drifted away to a sea of murky waters and I was left, alone and shattered, our love now scattered. Torrid rains could not distort my need for you, you would my only legs to stand on, I could fly away under your wings. To wake and not meet your eyes, a tear would stain the once perfect white I sleep under, now trapped beneath the shadows of darkness. To feel your touch, to see your face, you are now but the sunshine behind the mountain.

All you left was a small stone, glinting like your happiness once did. A diamond, perfect in shape, beautiful but blunt. I clutched for hours as the diamond turned to red, driving into my skin, and still it sits, a final reminder of what we once had.

Just a lump of our love, the ashes of a great fire that would never end.
Thu 13/01/05 at 10:34
Regular
Pawing through her belongings I gazed down upon my hand, that lump still ever present, still stretching the skin between a deep scar like a face grinning up at me with grimace. Things didn't used to be like this, once this forgotten place held the brightest of all lights, shining like a beacon in all directions, blinding those of an unpure heart and marring time to the point of a standstill.

I was in love. We were in love. A regression through time as our flower blossomed, evolved into a joint obsession, between one another flame upon flame were built to our blazing hearts. Nothing else mattered. She would reach out to me and I would fall to her bosom like the ocean sweeping me to a distant unknown. A blissful state of abundance we lived in. Reality is for those who don't have anything better.

I would wish it would never end, I would wish we could set the world ablaze. I still do in many ways, but that is lost. Why did such a fate have to befall a love of innocence? A passion spiralling to eternity, not even the brightest of lights could scold us. The sky would part for us, the flowers smile; the sound of a distance stream locked in melancholy would flow through our being.

Then she broke away. Drifted away to a sea of murky waters and I was left, alone and shattered, our love now scattered. Torrid rains could not distort my need for you, you would my only legs to stand on, I could fly away under your wings. To wake and not meet your eyes, a tear would stain the once perfect white I sleep under, now trapped beneath the shadows of darkness. To feel your touch, to see your face, you are now but the sunshine behind the mountain.

All you left was a small stone, glinting like your happiness once did. A diamond, perfect in shape, beautiful but blunt. I clutched for hours as the diamond turned to red, driving into my skin, and still it sits, a final reminder of what we once had.

Just a lump of our love, the ashes of a great fire that would never end.
Thu 13/01/05 at 10:59
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Some great descriptive sentances and when you questioned why has this fate fallen upon us I thought you were talking about marridge. :)

All and all I liked it wasn't too long and drawn out but still pakced a punch.
Thu 13/01/05 at 13:57
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Oh tis like my SS but only...

.. better :)

Damn!
Thu 13/01/05 at 15:16
Regular
"SOUP!"
Be careful how you use the word fate.

In the context of love it tends to mean "what was meant to be" which cues the corny violing music and such.

I liked the "sunshine behind the mountain" metaphor. Very well formed.

I liked this piece.
Thu 13/01/05 at 16:24
Regular
Cheers.

I kinda stole the 'sunshine behind the mountain' thing, but I used it in a completely different context.

*runs*
Thu 13/01/05 at 16:36
Regular
"SOUP!"
Ah right, where you get it from?
Thu 13/01/05 at 17:09
Regular
Song I was listening to at the time. Just thought it sounded good so put it in. :D
Thu 13/01/05 at 17:42
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
Nice work-By the way, no one on this forum is female are they? That was a complete guess but I know I'm right anyway.
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:07
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
How much are you willing to bet on that?
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:08
Regular
"SOUP!"
I thought you said you'd given up gambling, Steve?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.