GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Luigi's Mansion: Come on in!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 10:25
Regular
Is it possible that Mario won't be in a game at the release of the GameCube?

Shigeru Miyamoto has produced 'one of the most spectacular and involving games ever created' (e3.nintendo.com) You would have thought that this would have been a perfect game to put Mario into. But no, it's Luigi that takes the starring role here!

The game takes place in a haunted mansion, over 'a night of fright'. This suggests that the game may not be too long lasting to me, if it's all supposed to take place over one night....

Anywho, Luigi is apparently searching for his missing brother. I guess that'll be Mario then? luigi also has the help of a 'paranormal researcher' to help him to catch ghosts.

What exactly the game will entail, I really can't be sure at this moment. You're armed with a torch and a vacuum cleaner, and can somehow turn ghosts into paintings. (Weren't paintings doorways into other worlds in Super Mario 64?)

Another interesting aspect of this game is that Luigi is afraid of the ghosts. This could add any number of different possibilities to the gameplay. Will you have to try to stop Luigi from simply cowering with fright in the corner? If so, how?

Apparently the game sometimes takes on a view point other than full 3D, and almost makes the game a side scroller. Just how that will play remains to be seen, but no doubt with Nintendo's top men in charge, they've made it pretty special.

All in all this game looks good. So far from what I've heard, I'm very curious indeed as to just how this game will work. Surely more will beome clear in the next 48 hours...

One last thought, the name "Mario Sunshine" has been spotted by me on varius release lists. No more is yet known about this game. Could there be some kind of link between Luigi's Mansion, set on a dark night, and Mario Sunshine?
Fri 18/05/01 at 16:54
shutup
Thu 17/05/01 at 20:57
yawn
Thu 17/05/01 at 16:40
Regular
"Back For Good"
mmm thats sounds a bit familar that,looking for someone in a haunted mansion through the night.resident evil thats where i've heard it,sounds like a conversion for the kids.

might be funny though??
Thu 17/05/01 at 14:11
Regular
Who put that step there??
Thu 17/05/01 at 14:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Good Point!

A game without the evil Italien :D
Thu 17/05/01 at 10:25
Regular
"not dead"
Is it possible that Mario won't be in a game at the release of the GameCube?

Shigeru Miyamoto has produced 'one of the most spectacular and involving games ever created' (e3.nintendo.com) You would have thought that this would have been a perfect game to put Mario into. But no, it's Luigi that takes the starring role here!

The game takes place in a haunted mansion, over 'a night of fright'. This suggests that the game may not be too long lasting to me, if it's all supposed to take place over one night....

Anywho, Luigi is apparently searching for his missing brother. I guess that'll be Mario then? luigi also has the help of a 'paranormal researcher' to help him to catch ghosts.

What exactly the game will entail, I really can't be sure at this moment. You're armed with a torch and a vacuum cleaner, and can somehow turn ghosts into paintings. (Weren't paintings doorways into other worlds in Super Mario 64?)

Another interesting aspect of this game is that Luigi is afraid of the ghosts. This could add any number of different possibilities to the gameplay. Will you have to try to stop Luigi from simply cowering with fright in the corner? If so, how?

Apparently the game sometimes takes on a view point other than full 3D, and almost makes the game a side scroller. Just how that will play remains to be seen, but no doubt with Nintendo's top men in charge, they've made it pretty special.

All in all this game looks good. So far from what I've heard, I'm very curious indeed as to just how this game will work. Surely more will beome clear in the next 48 hours...

One last thought, the name "Mario Sunshine" has been spotted by me on varius release lists. No more is yet known about this game. Could there be some kind of link between Luigi's Mansion, set on a dark night, and Mario Sunshine?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.