GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well I've done my part"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/01/05 at 16:51
Regular
"That's right!"
At about 9:30 today my boss tells me he has a job for me. Before I could drop to my knees and close my eyes he says I've got to go through a bunch of cases, check them, and change the action date and transfer them. If that means nothing to you, you're not alone.

I quickly discovered the cases I'm looking at are dodgy claims for New Tax Credits, which is a pretty recent benefit that the Daily Mail kicked a big fuss up over a while back because people weren't getting their money etc. Basically if you've got kids, you get money (how much depends on how much income you already have) The more kids, the more money you get, if the kids are babies you get slightly more and if they're disabled you get a bit more.

For working tax credits you get money depending on how many hours you work and how much you make.

So a lot of people are filling in the forms saying they have recently born disabled triplets, so they get money for having a kid, the kid's a baby, the baby's disabled and there's three of them. Of course they also put in that they work 16 hours a week (the minimum amount if you have kids) but are self employed and have just started so we can't check (it's not like saying you work for a major company who we can contact) and it's just them on the claim (single parent) so they get a little bit extra.

These cases obviously stick out like a sore thumb, especially when they have someone else's bank details in. So I go through literally hundreds of these, chuckling as I transfer them to the complience office who will be looking into each and every one of them. No free money for you, scumbags.

It's mostly men doing it, a few women, and to be honest it's mostly immigrants doing it. I have no problem with people coming across and getting free money, to a certain degree, but getting free money you don't deserve? Pft.

And the kids usually have daft names like Bob and Andy. Who puts Bob or Andy on a birth certificate? If you're going to come up with some fake kids, at least put some effort into their names.

I transferred exactly 500 cases, a few are bound to be genuine (since almost every case where people claim to have recently born disabled children and say they just started self employment are checked) but the majority of them are people who don't seem to think saying you're a single parent with three disabled triplets, with someone else's bank details, will cause suspicion.
Thu 13/01/05 at 13:13
Regular
"..."
That reminds me, I've been at work 4 hours, I should probably think about doing some work myself.
Thu 13/01/05 at 10:36
Regular
"That's right!"
I doubt it, but the cases I'd been looking at were of people who'd been claiming in the past, so no doubt we'll be taking money back, and if they've scammed us for loads then I'd guess court would be in order. Nice.
Wed 12/01/05 at 18:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Can they be put in prison for tax fraud? I hope so.
Wed 12/01/05 at 17:03
Regular
"wow"
it would be quite ironic if you won gameaday for that lol

its like people getting something for nothing help person getting something for nothing.

yeah, those people you talk about get on my nerves.
Wed 12/01/05 at 16:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm all for increasing benefits for those who need it but crack down harder on abusing it.

Easier said than done mind.
Wed 12/01/05 at 16:51
Regular
"That's right!"
At about 9:30 today my boss tells me he has a job for me. Before I could drop to my knees and close my eyes he says I've got to go through a bunch of cases, check them, and change the action date and transfer them. If that means nothing to you, you're not alone.

I quickly discovered the cases I'm looking at are dodgy claims for New Tax Credits, which is a pretty recent benefit that the Daily Mail kicked a big fuss up over a while back because people weren't getting their money etc. Basically if you've got kids, you get money (how much depends on how much income you already have) The more kids, the more money you get, if the kids are babies you get slightly more and if they're disabled you get a bit more.

For working tax credits you get money depending on how many hours you work and how much you make.

So a lot of people are filling in the forms saying they have recently born disabled triplets, so they get money for having a kid, the kid's a baby, the baby's disabled and there's three of them. Of course they also put in that they work 16 hours a week (the minimum amount if you have kids) but are self employed and have just started so we can't check (it's not like saying you work for a major company who we can contact) and it's just them on the claim (single parent) so they get a little bit extra.

These cases obviously stick out like a sore thumb, especially when they have someone else's bank details in. So I go through literally hundreds of these, chuckling as I transfer them to the complience office who will be looking into each and every one of them. No free money for you, scumbags.

It's mostly men doing it, a few women, and to be honest it's mostly immigrants doing it. I have no problem with people coming across and getting free money, to a certain degree, but getting free money you don't deserve? Pft.

And the kids usually have daft names like Bob and Andy. Who puts Bob or Andy on a birth certificate? If you're going to come up with some fake kids, at least put some effort into their names.

I transferred exactly 500 cases, a few are bound to be genuine (since almost every case where people claim to have recently born disabled children and say they just started self employment are checked) but the majority of them are people who don't seem to think saying you're a single parent with three disabled triplets, with someone else's bank details, will cause suspicion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.