GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Raven Blade"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 07:47
Regular
Retro's RPG is looking very impressive indeed. Unfortunately it's not scheduled for release until mid 2002. Mind you, there's plenty of others to keep me busy until then.

The enemies look absolutely fantastic, it's obviously not a title aimed at kids, they're scary!

Of course, there's only so much you can gain from looking at images, but I was rather impressed by a number of other factors.

Apparently the world in which the game takes place is huge. That's alright by me, the bigger the world, the bigger the quest! As long as it's worked so that you don't spend fruitless hours searching the wrong places. Mind you, with Nintendo keeping an eye on it, I doubt it will go far wrong here.

Retro have chosen to go for real time combat. This will please Zelda fans, but some may question whether it is really an RPG without a traditional RPG battle system. However, there's also the ability to use magic, something that is more often associated witha traditional RPG.

Apparently the sword fighting has been modelled on actual martial arts. This should lead to some very impressive looking battles indeed.

From the images I've seen I'd say it takes on a dragons and castles kind of angle, plenty of mean enemies, and hopefully an involving quest.

It's certainly one to keep an eye on!
Sat 07/09/02 at 18:57
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Tribute wrote:
> this post id from 2001, so don't take it out on Meka!

OOOPS! Well spotted there, young Tribute (either that, or I'm losing it in me old age). Apologies Meka, if you ever read this. :)
Sat 07/09/02 at 17:49
Regular
"Festivus!"
this post id from 2001, so don't take it out on Meka!
Sat 07/09/02 at 16:32
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Yeah, come on Meka, didn't you already know this or are you taking the mick??!!

The only Retro game left in developement in Metroid Prime, all others have been cancelled. If you didn't know, then I'm sorry to break the news to you.
Besides, the screenshots and videos you did see were mere FMV clips, not real-time. :(
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:04
Regular
I read in NGC ages ago that RAVEN BLADE was cancelled as it failed to impress nintendo.
Fri 06/09/02 at 19:27
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Sounds cool, might find out some more.
Fri 06/09/02 at 19:26
Regular
"Festivus!"
Not heard of it :(`
Fri 08/06/01 at 18:49
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thanks Meka - I shall check it out!!
Fri 08/06/01 at 08:06
Regular
"not dead"
Try the movie at e3.nintendo.com/gallery/ravenblade/index.html

And I'm sure there's some info at cube.ign.com
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:52
Regular
"Whatever!"
I havent seen or heard anything about this game yet - Where can I see screnshots??
Thu 07/06/01 at 09:28
Yeah, the pictures of Ravenblade blew me away, I cant dowload the movie because I have a damn 56k and it would take me years!-literally.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.