GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/12/04 at 23:54
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
Don't know if this is old news, but what the hell

[URL] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419706/ [/URL]
Wed 08/12/04 at 22:04
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
as much as I hate wrestlers, as long as he keeps his mouth shut I think hed do well in the role.
Tue 07/12/04 at 23:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cycloon wrote:
> The coolest thing about Doom is Hell.

Yep, I loved the setting, it meant that no matter how many demon you killed, you never felt like you accomplished anything. I mean how could you win? hell was always going to be there and the creatures you killed would always come back.
Tue 07/12/04 at 20:54
Regular
"I'm busy"
OOOOOOOOohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Tue 07/12/04 at 13:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The coolest thing about Doom is Hell.
Tue 07/12/04 at 13:44
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
So we go from RE stylee

"The story follows eight marines, teleported into a command centre of a secret base on a remote planet. There, they learn that something strange is happening and soon monsters start to appear."

to Alien Ressurection stylee

"One character is a technician called "Pinky" who has a cybernetic wheelchair "

Whilst completley ditching the whole idea of Doom by removing Mars, Hell and Marines? Whats the point?
Sun 05/12/04 at 14:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Come on. What plot did the game have?

I thought Doom 3 had a decent plot. Ancient alien civilizations fighting the very forces of hell you're up against, sure it wheren't shakespeare, but it was at least a change from the norm.

Although there's the biggest problem, The reason that Doom 3's story worked so well was that it left you to uncover it from the many data pads left lying around. Without that interaction the movie was problably doomed (arf) from the outset.

> All we need is Uwe Boll,
> Paul Anderson or god forbid, Michael Bay directing.........

Not far off, the director of this big screen adaption has directed such classics as Exit Wounds, Romeo Must Die and Cradle 2 the Grave.
Sun 05/12/04 at 12:41
Regular
cipro wrote:
> [URL]http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041203i.php[/URL]

There, they learn that something strange is happening and soon monsters start to appear. The monsters aren't from hell, but rather people mutated by some nasty super-virus although the monsters look very similar to those in the game.

aka resident evil
Sun 05/12/04 at 11:54
Regular
"Captain to you."
people will still go see it. i know i will :( i'm such a sheep. i hate the idea that they have changed so much of the story. i don't think it will be very good up i have seen alot of poo films so i am going to see this one just incase they do something good with it.
Sun 05/12/04 at 10:54
Regular
Damn - they've removed the decent plot devices of the game, too.
Sun 05/12/04 at 10:46
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Must be Doom we're talking about here.

Come on. What plot did the game have? It'll suck. Plain and simple. It'll be pg13 and have "The Rock" as the lead. Much as I love the games, this will be an abomination. All we need is Uwe Boll, Paul Anderson or god forbid, Michael Bay directing.........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.