GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"disk not loading"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'TOCA Touring Car Championship 2'.
Sun 05/12/04 at 11:31
Regular
"old git"
Hi,

Please somebody help me ?

I have just bought Toca 2 and the dam game wont load. I have Colin Mcrea 4 as well and i problems with this. Is it Codemaster games ?

Has anybody else had this problem?

Please help. The consol is only about 6 months old.

Thanks in advance.

Pete.
Wed 08/12/04 at 08:50
Regular
"size does matter"
i had the same problem (different games though) some time ago. most of the games loaded up nicely, one old game had trouble loading and one brand new game wouldn't load at all. the console is almost 4 years old, however. anyway, i opened it up and cleaned the laser. now everything works as new.

for you i suggest first try these games on another console (in the friend's house or in the shop). if they don't play there either, contact the game manufacturer or the retailer. but if they play fine there, check your warranty for the console and if sony claims it's no good anymore (i guess it depends on different things) and you can't get free repairs, open the console up yourself and clean it up. depending on where it stands in your room it might gather a lot of dust very quickly.
Mon 06/12/04 at 19:32
"High polygon count"
If it's only these two games, I reckon it's unlikely to be a problem with your PS2. It does seem strange, though.

It could be that maybe Codemasters use some special form of copyright protection on their discs, but as far as I know, PS2 discs follow a set standard.

Might be worth contacting their technical support department and asking...

Go to http://www.codemasters.co.uk/contact/ or just [URL]http://www.codemasters.co.uk/contact/[/URL]
Sun 05/12/04 at 11:53
Regular
"old git"
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes i have about a dozen games but it only seems to be these two. I just bought Toca 2 yesterday.

Thanks.

Peter.
Sun 05/12/04 at 11:46
"High polygon count"
Is it only these games? Do you have others that work fine?

Are there any scratches on the discs?
Sun 05/12/04 at 11:31
Regular
"old git"
Hi,

Please somebody help me ?

I have just bought Toca 2 and the dam game wont load. I have Colin Mcrea 4 as well and i problems with this. Is it Codemaster games ?

Has anybody else had this problem?

Please help. The consol is only about 6 months old.

Thanks in advance.

Pete.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.