GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do inkjet printers usually come with ink?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/01/05 at 16:51
"Was the man of marz"
In your experience, do they come complete with cartridges? Thanks

Whilst I'm here, whats duplex printing?
Tue 11/01/05 at 11:59
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> In fact, I used to work with a Xerox printer costing tens of
> thousands of pounds.

They make those evil things that always jam, photocopiers.

"Phi11ip, the photocopier's jammed again, can you fix it?"

I suppose it was my own fault for working in an office where it was about 95% female!
Tue 11/01/05 at 08:49
"Was the man of marz"
Thanks. :)
Mon 10/01/05 at 13:41
"High polygon count"
Marzman wrote:
> Both sides at the same time?

Only on expensive printers, usually industrial ones.

In fact, I used to work with a Xerox printer costing tens of thousands of pounds, and even that only printed one side at a time.

'Consumer' printers print one side, pass the paper back through and print the other side.
Mon 10/01/05 at 13:08
"Was the man of marz"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
"btw Duplex printing means printing on both sides of a page, or
double-sided printing"

Both sides at the same time?

Thanks. Probably does come with starter ink. A laser printer I brought came 1/3 full.

Cong_Man, ain't got a spare Usb cable (its not that hard to change them over) but someone I know reckons his local Poundland sells em' :)
Mon 10/01/05 at 12:26
Regular
"..."
Indeed they do, although if you haven't got a USB A to B cable, you'll need to invest in one of those, as 98% of printers don't come with a USB cable. Having said that, if you're anything like me, you probably have a dozen spare anywhoo.
Mon 10/01/05 at 09:57
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yes, they do.
Mon 10/01/05 at 09:36
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
InkJets tend to split the colour cartride up these days - apparently it saves us money (since we only buy the colours that have run out) - but I reckon its saving the printer companies far more.

All the printers I have have (including a ten quid colour inkjet I picked up from Dell) come with either free cartridges or starter ink (cut size ink carts) - so you should be fine

You may want to try some other sites (e.g. ebuyer) for generic carts - for epson and canon machines generic carts come in at 3-4 quid each (I've seen them as cheap as 99p before)

btw Duplex printing means printing on both sides of a page, or double-sided printing.

:P
Mon 10/01/05 at 09:27
Regular
6?! What Printer is it? Surely it only needs 1 B&W and 1 Colour...?
Mon 10/01/05 at 09:23
"Was the man of marz"
Thanks. I was a tad concerned cos the printer I'm after has 6 cartridges and it'll be about £40 straight away if they didn't come with
Sun 09/01/05 at 16:55
Regular
They usually come with enough to get you started. All my past printers have.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.