GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most Efficient CPU in the world..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/01/05 at 22:02
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Look at these benchmarks!!! - Thrown up by a MOBILE CPU!!!

[URL]http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=dfipm&page=4[/URL] -navigate to the benchmark section

As soon as a mobile Intel PCIe chipset comes out, Im getting a mobility X800 based laptop.
Fri 07/01/05 at 19:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ah the dothan, im surprised it's taken this long for desktop motherboards to come out which can exploit their power. Back in around august i stumbled across a french website which overclocked a dothan in a notebook using a modified thermalright heatsink. The performance was awesome, as biggles said though, video encoding suffers.
Fri 07/01/05 at 13:48
Regular
"and PC user"
This one is a minefield. I mean if you want the chip with the most efficient (lowest) energy usage, you need to look back to the older generations of processors. On the other hand, measuring how efficiently a CPU does it job is more tricky. You might be able to get a mobile cpu that is very efficient, but its performance may not be as good as other, less efficient cpu's.
Fri 07/01/05 at 02:32
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm not an Intel hater, I was once upon a time at least a Crown Prince if not quite the king of the old Celeron overclocks.

The Pentium M will beat the FX55 games wise when the FX55 is at stock. That is the important bit. When you run an FX55 at 3.6 GHz on cascade then you simply are the greatest. Pentium Ms also have fairly weak floating point units I believe, and you KNOW how important that is to me.
Fri 07/01/05 at 00:01
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> They do however lack severely in some areas. I can't remember which
> off hand though, think it was encoding strangely enough. Don't have
> SSE I think.

Intel hater :P

They do lack some instruction set, I think they have got SSE2 though.

Still, for a chip that dissipates a measly 28W thats a tiny price to pay when a small overclock will have even the amazing FX55 choking on its dust when it comes to games performance.
Thu 06/01/05 at 22:13
"I love yo... lamp."
They do however lack severely in some areas. I can't remember which off hand though, think it was encoding strangely enough. Don't have SSE I think.
Thu 06/01/05 at 22:10
Regular
"NULL"
Not bad at all! And not a lot of heat output.
Thu 06/01/05 at 22:02
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Look at these benchmarks!!! - Thrown up by a MOBILE CPU!!!

[URL]http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=dfipm&page=4[/URL] -navigate to the benchmark section

As soon as a mobile Intel PCIe chipset comes out, Im getting a mobility X800 based laptop.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.