GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OXM Disk"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/12/04 at 22:40
Regular
Got myself a copy today, stupid magazine but the demo disks are always so stupidly tempting. Anyway, here's my opinions on the disk.....

Conker Live and Uncut : The reason I bought the disk and to be honest...it's a little dissapointing. Excellent graphics, no complaints there. But it really is just the same game with nicer graphics. I know that's what it's always been billed as, but I just feel kinda dissapointed.

Did notice a few new things though. For starters you fight the teddies on beach for a short time before you go in the bunker , also Conker doesn't have the double uzis that he had in the original, instead it's some submachine gun thing. Oh and also I think it's new, when you meet the mad scientist type people you fight some super powerful psycho dude at the end, can't remember that being in the original. None of the additions though did much to change the feel of the game...which is a bit dated to be honest.

I don't see the online section as anything to shout about either, the videos just look like Star Wars Battlefront in the Conker universe. Oh and the humour which is a major part of the game really will not work online.

Tiger Woods 2005 : I was actually really impressed by this and intend to pick it up once I get some spare cash. Not a massive improvement but there's enough there to warrant me upgrading from my 2003 edition...pity it isn't online.

The Incredibles : Kids love a good cash-in so no doubt this cacka will be lapped up.

Burnout 3 : No need to play the demo as I had the full game...very short lived.

Prince of Persia 2 : I like this actually, the combat does feel a bit basic but jumping over people and then lopping their heads off in slow motion is very cool.

Otogi 2 : WHat in gods name is this supposed to be? I was led to believe the graphics were amazing....they're not. It took me about 5 seconds before I realised this was not for me, absoloutly awful crapness.

So there you go. Incase you're wondering next months demos are....

Forza Motorsport
Outlaw Golf 2
Star Wars : Republic Commando
Worms Forts : Under Siege
Pirnce of Persia 2
Conflict Vietnam
Chronicles of Riddick
Sudeki
Dead or ALive : Ultimate
Wed 08/12/04 at 09:05
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Otogi 2 has good graphics......? How are you ment to see them through all them lights are the flashing? It just made me laugh out loud! Am really looking foward to next months disk thou, Forza, star wars rc both look really good! Im hoping that they play good too.
Tue 07/12/04 at 09:28
Regular
I missed it at GSL :(

I did play Star Wars Lego though, that was cool :D
Tue 07/12/04 at 09:25
Regular
Forza looks good, but its all too realistic for my liking. Played it at Gamestars Live, so the code wasn't finished, to be fiar. Will give it another go next month...
Tue 07/12/04 at 09:17
Regular
And I'm really looking forward to Next Month's mag, purely for the beautiful Forza.
Tue 07/12/04 at 09:17
Regular
Had the mag since Sunday, still haven't got round to trying the disc yet though!

Every time I boot up the Xbox, I'd rather play Halo 2 Live.

I am looking forward to sampling PoP2 and Conker though.
Tue 07/12/04 at 09:06
Regular
I never played Conker on the N64, and I really enjoyed the demo. Will definitely look into picking this up.

Graphically it's good, and the humour is right up my street, hope there's some offline multiplayer though, cos I don't have Live....
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:51
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Shame. OXM was pretty decent when they had MAx as the editor and John etc...
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:47
Regular
Yup.

They've obivously got very few new demos for next months disk so they're shoving 5 old supposedly 'classic' demos on it to fill the gaps.
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:45
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Could be mistaken - not got the latest issue because of the same reason you stated...

But are you saying "Prince of Persia 2" is on this months AND next months demo disk?
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:40
Regular
Got myself a copy today, stupid magazine but the demo disks are always so stupidly tempting. Anyway, here's my opinions on the disk.....

Conker Live and Uncut : The reason I bought the disk and to be honest...it's a little dissapointing. Excellent graphics, no complaints there. But it really is just the same game with nicer graphics. I know that's what it's always been billed as, but I just feel kinda dissapointed.

Did notice a few new things though. For starters you fight the teddies on beach for a short time before you go in the bunker , also Conker doesn't have the double uzis that he had in the original, instead it's some submachine gun thing. Oh and also I think it's new, when you meet the mad scientist type people you fight some super powerful psycho dude at the end, can't remember that being in the original. None of the additions though did much to change the feel of the game...which is a bit dated to be honest.

I don't see the online section as anything to shout about either, the videos just look like Star Wars Battlefront in the Conker universe. Oh and the humour which is a major part of the game really will not work online.

Tiger Woods 2005 : I was actually really impressed by this and intend to pick it up once I get some spare cash. Not a massive improvement but there's enough there to warrant me upgrading from my 2003 edition...pity it isn't online.

The Incredibles : Kids love a good cash-in so no doubt this cacka will be lapped up.

Burnout 3 : No need to play the demo as I had the full game...very short lived.

Prince of Persia 2 : I like this actually, the combat does feel a bit basic but jumping over people and then lopping their heads off in slow motion is very cool.

Otogi 2 : WHat in gods name is this supposed to be? I was led to believe the graphics were amazing....they're not. It took me about 5 seconds before I realised this was not for me, absoloutly awful crapness.

So there you go. Incase you're wondering next months demos are....

Forza Motorsport
Outlaw Golf 2
Star Wars : Republic Commando
Worms Forts : Under Siege
Pirnce of Persia 2
Conflict Vietnam
Chronicles of Riddick
Sudeki
Dead or ALive : Ultimate

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.