GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
This:

"Hey Frankie I'm a diehard Halo fan, and after I beat Halo 2 I was left with a sense of incompletion. Now I'm not complaining, Halo 2 is excellent especially multiplayer, but I just need to know something. What was the reasoning behind the ending, did you guys intend on the cliffhanger initially or did you guys just run out of time. I'm just so frustrated, I wish you guys would just use the current engine and make the second half of this story. I just cant wait 3 years to get to the REAL battle."

Was written here: [URL]http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=whatsupdatedec03[/URL]

...as part of an updated list on common Halo 2 complaints.

Now, I'm no expert on how to run Bungie, their website, or their games, but I do read a lot of problem pages in magazines (it makes me feel better to hear other's miseries). The thing that strikes me about magazines is that they blatantly write their own problems. No-one actually writes in, that would be wrong. So that's why I see lines like "I wish you guys would just use the current engine and make the second half of this story", and something clicks. Is it a big hint that they're planning to finish it off sooner rather than later? After all, a lot of people felt disappointed by what was, for all intents and purposes, an upgraded Halo 1, and Bungie would be well aware of that by now from their vast forums.

Hmmm....
Tue 07/12/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
This:

"Hey Frankie I'm a diehard Halo fan, and after I beat Halo 2 I was left with a sense of incompletion. Now I'm not complaining, Halo 2 is excellent especially multiplayer, but I just need to know something. What was the reasoning behind the ending, did you guys intend on the cliffhanger initially or did you guys just run out of time. I'm just so frustrated, I wish you guys would just use the current engine and make the second half of this story. I just cant wait 3 years to get to the REAL battle."

Was written here: [URL]http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=whatsupdatedec03[/URL]

...as part of an updated list on common Halo 2 complaints.

Now, I'm no expert on how to run Bungie, their website, or their games, but I do read a lot of problem pages in magazines (it makes me feel better to hear other's miseries). The thing that strikes me about magazines is that they blatantly write their own problems. No-one actually writes in, that would be wrong. So that's why I see lines like "I wish you guys would just use the current engine and make the second half of this story", and something clicks. Is it a big hint that they're planning to finish it off sooner rather than later? After all, a lot of people felt disappointed by what was, for all intents and purposes, an upgraded Halo 1, and Bungie would be well aware of that by now from their vast forums.

Hmmm....
Tue 07/12/04 at 13:22
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
I hope that they finish the game sooner rather then later. So many people were swept along with the hype that there must be thousands of angry people feeling let down by Halo 2. If its true, and they did make a bigger game but for some reason cut it in half at last moment, I really hope they are listening and are now making preperations for a release of the rest.
Tue 07/12/04 at 13:27
Regular
I'd rather they didn't bother and just kept the Multiplayer fresh.
Tue 07/12/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It just seems a bit too conveniently deliberately worded for my liking. Something is afoot...I'll be in a bin behind Bungie.net if you need me. That's right, I'm hiding behind a website.
Tue 07/12/04 at 14:11
Regular
I'm pretty much certain that the Feb 9th date will be when they finish of the story through downloadable content. Though this would be really f***ed up for people who don't have access to Live, so maybe they'll release it on the front of Xbox magazine?

Wish they wouldn't bother though. Single player was a big fat pile of ass, wish they'd just concentrate on new multiplayer levels. Only way I'd be intrested in new single player levels is if they set them all on earth, you were in control of Master Chief and there were no "You have to use vehicles or you die" sections.
Tue 07/12/04 at 14:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I thought that Feb 9th stuff was a pile of ass? Where did that date come from anyway?
Tue 07/12/04 at 14:30
Regular
Apparently when you complete the game on Legendary it says Feb 9th at the end of the credits.

It might have been outed as a big pile though, haven't read much about Halo 2 for a while though.
Tue 07/12/04 at 14:43
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
The whole Feb 9th thing was a hoax, not even a date for crappy downloadable content
Wed 08/12/04 at 08:37
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
They had beter not finish the game as a live download only!! If they did do that then I think it would finish them. After the whats happened with the second game, if they then turned around and said you must have live to see the end... no they wouldnt do that. Would they?
Wed 08/12/04 at 08:41
No.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.