GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Especially this time of year'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/01/05 at 20:15
Regular
A friend of mine lost his brother in a car crash before Christmas, so it obviously came as a bit of a shock as he was only 19, whole life ahead of him, etc.

However, what I really noticed was the number of people who said "that's terrible, especially this time of year!".

To which I really wanted to reply:

"What, so if it had happened in, say, March, then it wouldn't have mattered? You f#####g p###k." But I don't say that. Perhaps I should. Who knows.

So, can someone tell me when "this time of year" begins, so I can try my best not to die during it. Afterall, I wouldn't want to upset anyone. Hell, if I can get far enough away from christmas, maybe no one will give a s##t at all....
Wed 05/01/05 at 20:15
Regular
A friend of mine lost his brother in a car crash before Christmas, so it obviously came as a bit of a shock as he was only 19, whole life ahead of him, etc.

However, what I really noticed was the number of people who said "that's terrible, especially this time of year!".

To which I really wanted to reply:

"What, so if it had happened in, say, March, then it wouldn't have mattered? You f#####g p###k." But I don't say that. Perhaps I should. Who knows.

So, can someone tell me when "this time of year" begins, so I can try my best not to die during it. Afterall, I wouldn't want to upset anyone. Hell, if I can get far enough away from christmas, maybe no one will give a s##t at all....
Wed 05/01/05 at 20:20
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Around September when the Christmas "music" starts to be played over-and-over in shops.

I know what you mean. Get's on my baps too.
Wed 05/01/05 at 20:24
Regular
"you've got a beard"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Around September when the Christmas "music" starts to be
> played over-and-over in shops.

which, ironically, leads to people ploughing their cars into bigger cars in an attempt to escape it.
Wed 05/01/05 at 20:57
Regular
"Laughingstock"
When people don't know what to say they fall back on cliches.
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"After dying in a car crash, three friends go to Heaven for orientation. They are all asked the same question, "When you're lying in your casket, and friends and family are mourning over you, what would you like to hear them say about you?" The first guy immediately responds, "I would like to hear them say that I was one of the great doctors of my time, and a great family man."

The second guy says, "I would like to hear that I was a wonderful husband and school teacher who made a huge difference in the children of tomorrow." The last guy thinks for a moment, and then replies, "I guess I'd like to hear them say, 'Look, he's moving!'"
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:08
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Heh!
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:16
Regular
"That's right!"
I'd say "this time of year" would mean when family are meant to come together and forget all the bad stuff.
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:27
Regular
"Light of the world"
everyone said that to us las year when we lost grandad.

People think its harder because christmas is a more family happy happy time

Of course losing a loved one isnt any easier at spring.

grr
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My next door neighbour died a week before Christmas a few years back. He was only about a year older than me.

Anyway, whislt everyone else is 'coming together' and having a good time a lot of people I dunno reflect more and it might make matters worse if you were mourning around this time.

I do know what you mean but there is a little difference around it, not that it's easier in March but blah whatever.
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> everyone said that to us las year when we lost grandad.

Have you found him yet?

*runs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.