GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Especially this time of year'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/01/05 at 20:15
Regular
A friend of mine lost his brother in a car crash before Christmas, so it obviously came as a bit of a shock as he was only 19, whole life ahead of him, etc.

However, what I really noticed was the number of people who said "that's terrible, especially this time of year!".

To which I really wanted to reply:

"What, so if it had happened in, say, March, then it wouldn't have mattered? You f#####g p###k." But I don't say that. Perhaps I should. Who knows.

So, can someone tell me when "this time of year" begins, so I can try my best not to die during it. Afterall, I wouldn't want to upset anyone. Hell, if I can get far enough away from christmas, maybe no one will give a s##t at all....
Sun 09/01/05 at 19:17
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Famitsu! wrote:
> Miserableman wrote:
> Be sure not to die at the same time as someone extremely famous. If
> Posh + Becks wrapped their Ferrari round a pillar in a Parisian
> tunnel, for instance, then Mother Teresa died four days later,
> no-one
> would remember the latter.
>
> Oh irony.
>
> Mother Theresa died just after Princess Diana died/was assasinated by
> Mi5, Mi6, KGB, Mossad, Stonemasons, CIA etc (must have been a bit of
> a pile up in that tunnel).

would that be the same tunnel that miserableman mentioned in his obviously adapted example??
it would??
well that kinda leaks all over the irony then doesn't it? :P
Sun 09/01/05 at 18:33
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Miserableman wrote:
> Be sure not to die at the same time as someone extremely famous. If
> Posh + Becks wrapped their Ferrari round a pillar in a Parisian
> tunnel, for instance, then Mother Teresa died four days later, no-one
> would remember the latter.

Oh irony.

Mother Theresa died just after Princess Diana died/was assasinated by Mi5, Mi6, KGB, Mossad, Stonemasons, CIA etc (must have been a bit of a pile up in that tunnel).
Thu 06/01/05 at 09:18
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Be sure not to die at the same time as someone extremely famous. If Posh + Becks wrapped their Ferrari round a pillar in a Parisian tunnel, for instance, then Mother Teresa died four days later, no-one would remember the latter.
Thu 06/01/05 at 09:08
Regular
And it did make me chuckle.

I shall tell my friend that one, forthwith.
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If it's funny, I'll laugh, regardless of who / what it's about.
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:27
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Goatboy - that was the best response to YHs joke. Ever.
Wed 05/01/05 at 22:07
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Goatboy wrote:
> A joke.

:^D
Wed 05/01/05 at 22:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
People say that because it's the traditional time for families to get together, and an empty chair at the dinner table is noticeable. My girlfriend had 3 empty chairs out of the 10 there normally would be this year...although one is away in Australia.
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> everyone said that to us las year when we lost grandad.

Have you found him yet?

*runs*
Wed 05/01/05 at 21:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My next door neighbour died a week before Christmas a few years back. He was only about a year older than me.

Anyway, whislt everyone else is 'coming together' and having a good time a lot of people I dunno reflect more and it might make matters worse if you were mourning around this time.

I do know what you mean but there is a little difference around it, not that it's easier in March but blah whatever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.