GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can multiplayer gaming get any better?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/01 at 17:11
Regular
Multiplayer! The aspect of a game that made a lot of those classic games successful. If you took the multiplayer out of Goldeneye, Quake or Mario Kart, where would they be now. Would people have bought them. Probably not as many to be honest.
The N64 has it's four joypad ports, for those fast and furious Goldeneye battles.
PC has the internet, where tonnes of people play Quake or Half Life against several others from around the country.
The PS2!!! Only two ports! AH! But there's the multitap for those quick paced four player battles on Timesplitters or Quake Revolution.

Can multiplayr gaming get any better. Of course it can. The PC's keep on getting better which means faster games over the internet.
The consoles! Well, internet gaming is getting there eventually. The DC already has it, and is quite good (apart from some lag times). The PS2 will get broadband this year and will hopefully allow gamers to play others from around the world without the worry of slow connections. And the Xbox will have this too (I think).
Of course, there is one problem with broadband, and that is it is not readily available in Britain, and this could hinder its progress. And also, maybe gamers just want to play in the same room as there mates, instead of not being able to see them at all while playing them.
But hey, the release of the HDD on the PS2 should change this (hopefully).
Multiplayer gaming should get better.
Wed 16/05/01 at 17:14
Regular
Broadband net access is excellent, i get pings of 30-40 on kingpin with my Blueyonder cable modem. BTW, Kingpin is the best FPS multiplayer game on the PC, UT and Q3 are good but the people who play Kingpin seem to have a sense of humour, thats what on-line gaming should be all about.
Wed 16/05/01 at 17:11
Multiplayer! The aspect of a game that made a lot of those classic games successful. If you took the multiplayer out of Goldeneye, Quake or Mario Kart, where would they be now. Would people have bought them. Probably not as many to be honest.
The N64 has it's four joypad ports, for those fast and furious Goldeneye battles.
PC has the internet, where tonnes of people play Quake or Half Life against several others from around the country.
The PS2!!! Only two ports! AH! But there's the multitap for those quick paced four player battles on Timesplitters or Quake Revolution.

Can multiplayr gaming get any better. Of course it can. The PC's keep on getting better which means faster games over the internet.
The consoles! Well, internet gaming is getting there eventually. The DC already has it, and is quite good (apart from some lag times). The PS2 will get broadband this year and will hopefully allow gamers to play others from around the world without the worry of slow connections. And the Xbox will have this too (I think).
Of course, there is one problem with broadband, and that is it is not readily available in Britain, and this could hinder its progress. And also, maybe gamers just want to play in the same room as there mates, instead of not being able to see them at all while playing them.
But hey, the release of the HDD on the PS2 should change this (hopefully).
Multiplayer gaming should get better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.