GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVDs I got for Christmas"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/01/05 at 15:03
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I got Shrek 2, Van Helsing, Ocean's 11 (the original - [URL]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054135/[/URL]) and Shaun Of The Dead whilst I actually asked for Ocean's Eleven (the remake - [URL]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240772/[/URL]) and Shaun Of The Dead.

So far I've watched:

Shrek 2 - got the same feeling as I did after watching Wayne's World 2, i.e. it felt like the same film, just in a different order. 5/10.

Van Helsing - as far as I could see, the film's only redeeming feature was the 0.25 second shot of Kate Beckinsale's backside when she first appears on the screen. 3/10.

Still got the other two to watch and am pinning all my hopes on Shaun, although it'll be interesting to see how Ocean's Eleven compares to Ocean's 11.
Tue 04/01/05 at 17:02
Regular
"I like beef"
Trevor is back! I usually liked LOTR but The Return of the King was far too long. They could have cut it by at least an hour.

MT.
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:35
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Thanks for that info. How on earth did you know that it had been bugging me that I
> recognised him but couldn't remember where from? :D

Faramir is one of my favourite characters in LotR and I have a good memory for film related crap.
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:33
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Timmargh wrote:

> And "Q" (the monk) was David Wenham, a.k.a Faramir.

Thanks for that info. How on earth did you know that it had been bugging me that I recognised him but couldn't remember where from? :D
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:28
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Magical Trevor wrote:
> Sorry Timmargh, but it looks like nobody else cares about DVD's
> anymore....

You jest of course. I've not really got that many DVDs as I'm still cooing over my videos.
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:28
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Thought Van Helsing was rubbish even tried to watch it a second time when someone
> pointed out the me that the lead was the same guy who plays Wolverine. Didn't improve
> even with that knowledge.

And "Q" (the monk) was David Wenham, a.k.a Faramir.
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Van helsing is ok, better than day time tv.
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Thought Shrek 2 okay.

Thought Van Helsing was rubbish even tried to watch it a second time when someone pointed out the me that the lead was the same guy who plays Wolverine. Didn't improve even with that knowledge.

Have to say that I like both Ocean movies which is unusual as I don't normally like the remakes.

... Shaun Of The Dead. Irritated the life out of me. Thank god it was borrowed and not mine to turn into a coaster :)
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Magical Trevor wrote:
> Sorry Timmargh, but it looks like nobody else cares about DVD's anymore....

Trevor, you seem to think that because people don't answer topics within 10 seconds of them being posted that they're not interested. This is a chat forum, not a chat room, i.e. not real-time.
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:19
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I wasn't too impressed with Van Helsing.
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:19
Regular
"I like beef"
Sorry Timmargh, but it looks like nobody else cares about DVD's anymore.... there must be some kind of mp3-style film platform coming soon...

;)

N E way i g2g now c ya.

MT.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.