GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VENOM BLACK 2.1 SPEAKERS AND SUB-WOOFER"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/12/04 at 10:09
Regular
"BOSE"
Does anyone know how these connect? With the RED and WHITE into the side of the TV? I've got my xbox connected to my stero via RED and WHITE, just fancied a little extra boom in my sound!

Thank you :-)
Wed 08/12/04 at 12:35
Regular
You can get 5.1 through Coax with a special adapter so your AMP wouldn't need an Optical input.

As for the speakers, wouldn't waste your money.
Wed 08/12/04 at 11:10
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
JOYTECH DIGITAL AV CABLE WITH OPTICAL OUT FOR XBOX (11.99)

This would do the trick, scart or svideo to tv + (red/white if you want to) and the optical cable to the system, job done.

Would choose this over the other one as joytech are fairly reputable for suff like this.
Wed 08/12/04 at 11:09
Regular
"BOSE"
Wed 08/12/04 at 11:07
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
ßulle†† wrote:
> To get true 5.1 you'd need an Optical cable

As ßulle†† says. Forget the red/white cables (it would work but still be only stereo) You need an optical xbox cable (less than a tenner) I'll have a hunt for one for ya!
Wed 08/12/04 at 11:01
Regular
To get true 5.1 you'd need an Optical cable
Wed 08/12/04 at 10:58
Regular
"BOSE"
Let me guess. Instead of having my xbox pluged into my stero via RED and WHITE plugs, I would plug the xbox (audio) RED and WHITE into back of LOGIC 3 and (video) YELLOW in my TV ?

Meaning I would be be hearing my xbox through the Logic 3 instead of my stero. I assume this would be better?
Wed 08/12/04 at 10:53
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Guy who reviewed it doesn't seem to know his maths. Tis only a 45 W. speaker system. But would be ok i suppose for the price. It won't have loud/bassey sound, think like coming from a set of computer speakers ~5W/channel, rather than a big sound system.

However if you get this, then all you need to do is invest in a new cable for your xbox, that incudes an optical output, that will get you the 5.1 sound you need!
Wed 08/12/04 at 10:43
Regular
"BOSE"
I've changed my mind. This is a...little more expensive, but seeing as I use my xbox alot (more now that I have Live) it's proberly gonna be worth it

LOGIC 3 SILVER SOUNDSTATION 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM

Anyone know where this would be connected to?
Wed 08/12/04 at 10:17
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Chances are your tv red/white connections are input rather than output sockets so won't work. But plugging them through your stereo if it has a separate output channels/sockets should do the trick.

Alternatively just invest in a good 5.1 amp to get the most out of the xbox.
Wed 08/12/04 at 10:09
Regular
"BOSE"
Does anyone know how these connect? With the RED and WHITE into the side of the TV? I've got my xbox connected to my stero via RED and WHITE, just fancied a little extra boom in my sound!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.