GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Golem Level One Magic Berber"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/01/05 at 14:10
Regular
"Kiss me..."
REVIEW:

Golem Level one: Magic Berber

Is it just a game? Or something more sinister?

Level one:

Start play
End play

Game beginning...
Magic Berber is a warrior of great stature and many successes. He is a computerized hero. Majid Badach, however, is not. He is a twelve year old boy flunking at school, missing his six brothers and coping with a new
life in another country with his illiterate mother.
Set in the backdrop of Hummingbird Tower on the Moreland estate, Majid is an underachiever who miraculously wins a computer from priceshrinkers
but this is no ordinary computer. Once Majid has the computer set up, with the help of the young English teacher Hugh Mullins , he finds a game has installed itself into the system. 'Gollemm' the game bellows before play begins and Magic Berber is free to roam the fantasy city of Golemia.
The blood red page isn't't just appearing for Magic Berber though, Calimero has been thrown into the game as well. Calimero is the computer generated alias of Hugh Mullins, the newly qualified English teacher at the Moreland school. His hardest challenge so far is taming 8D.
As quickly as these imaginary characters begin wandering through the circuit boards and components of this mystery game, the game uninstalls itself. Strange occurrences are happening more and more, kettles on the
blink, plugs that keep fusing, faceless images on tv and a mysterious blue smoke emerging from beneath the Badachs front door. Something unnerving is going on at Hummingbird Tower or more importantly in it's basements. Why is
it the game works on a personal level, an important gateway at room 777 for the seventh son Magic Berber and room 111 for the only child Calimero?
What is lurking in the basements that seems so attracted to electricity and will Aisha and Majid ever tell each other how they really feel?

Plot analysis:

Although the characters are a little wooden to begin with, as the story progresses, so does the depth in Elvire Murail, Lorris Murail and Marie-Aude Murail creation. The friendship between the young teacher and his pupil is very real and well written. The fact that the series consist of five books in total mean the author/s need to keep the audience enthralled
throughout, which is exactly what they do. I read the book in two days because i couldn't put it down. My only dissapointment was finishing the book because that's not where the story ends, i can't wait for the second, third , fourth and fifth book of Golem to stick my nose into.

It was a really good book, it was a bit young but otherwise a great read. Anyone else read it?
Mon 03/01/05 at 17:48
Regular
"Kiss me..."
It's a book
Mon 03/01/05 at 14:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
*strokes beard*

Even my beard is confused.
Mon 03/01/05 at 14:15
Regular
What in beardy beardson are you talking about?
Mon 03/01/05 at 14:10
Regular
"Kiss me..."
REVIEW:

Golem Level one: Magic Berber

Is it just a game? Or something more sinister?

Level one:

Start play
End play

Game beginning...
Magic Berber is a warrior of great stature and many successes. He is a computerized hero. Majid Badach, however, is not. He is a twelve year old boy flunking at school, missing his six brothers and coping with a new
life in another country with his illiterate mother.
Set in the backdrop of Hummingbird Tower on the Moreland estate, Majid is an underachiever who miraculously wins a computer from priceshrinkers
but this is no ordinary computer. Once Majid has the computer set up, with the help of the young English teacher Hugh Mullins , he finds a game has installed itself into the system. 'Gollemm' the game bellows before play begins and Magic Berber is free to roam the fantasy city of Golemia.
The blood red page isn't't just appearing for Magic Berber though, Calimero has been thrown into the game as well. Calimero is the computer generated alias of Hugh Mullins, the newly qualified English teacher at the Moreland school. His hardest challenge so far is taming 8D.
As quickly as these imaginary characters begin wandering through the circuit boards and components of this mystery game, the game uninstalls itself. Strange occurrences are happening more and more, kettles on the
blink, plugs that keep fusing, faceless images on tv and a mysterious blue smoke emerging from beneath the Badachs front door. Something unnerving is going on at Hummingbird Tower or more importantly in it's basements. Why is
it the game works on a personal level, an important gateway at room 777 for the seventh son Magic Berber and room 111 for the only child Calimero?
What is lurking in the basements that seems so attracted to electricity and will Aisha and Majid ever tell each other how they really feel?

Plot analysis:

Although the characters are a little wooden to begin with, as the story progresses, so does the depth in Elvire Murail, Lorris Murail and Marie-Aude Murail creation. The friendship between the young teacher and his pupil is very real and well written. The fact that the series consist of five books in total mean the author/s need to keep the audience enthralled
throughout, which is exactly what they do. I read the book in two days because i couldn't put it down. My only dissapointment was finishing the book because that's not where the story ends, i can't wait for the second, third , fourth and fifth book of Golem to stick my nose into.

It was a really good book, it was a bit young but otherwise a great read. Anyone else read it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.