GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/01/05 at 21:33
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Just finished reading this book, great, very funny, albeit a bit weird. Ahaha the depressed robot, casuing the ship to comit suicide
Wed 05/01/05 at 17:25
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Yeah most of th funny books I read dont make me laugh out loud, but this one did, just gota go get the second one now
Mon 03/01/05 at 21:34
"period drama"
I enjoyed the books, but never really found them that funny. Amusing, yes, but I don't think I ever laughed out loud.
Same with Pratchett, really.

So ... there we go.
I'll be sure to write a truely hilarious book when I've finished all the other stuff up. Promise.
Mon 03/01/05 at 21:29
Regular
42 and stuff
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:27
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> the Terry Pratchett book I'm on.
>
> Ah, which one?

I'm currently reading The Last Continent.

It's the first of the discworld series I ever had.

On finding it rather funny so far I've decided to buy a number of the earlier ones (got the first 6 to get on with) for when I eventually finish reading the other books I intend reading.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:51
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> And I always thought the "trilogy of 5" bit refered to the
> last 2 books sucking ass? Is that right?

So Long And thanks For All The Fish was pretty poor. More od an Arthur Dent love story really. I really enjoyed Mostly Harmless though.

The movie will be different from the book in the same way the radio play / tv programme was different from the original book. Apparantly the church has a far greater part in it now. Only thing I think sucks? Zaphod's second head is now apparently in his nose. Sounds like a good way to avoid any expensive CGI to me. Ho hum....
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:39
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> the Terry Pratchett book I'm on.

Ah, which one?
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hitchhikers rules - the only book I've ever read that made me laugh. Film sounds like a giant plop though, judging by who they've roped in for the main characters. Nothing beats the special effects of the original series.

And I always thought the "trilogy of 5" bit refered to the last 2 books sucking ass? Is that right?
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:20
Regular
Really?

Hope it stays faithful to the 'trilogy of five parts'.

I thouroughly enjoyed Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and went on to read the first of the Dirk Gently stories too. I'll read the second one when I've finished reading the Terry Pratchett book I'm on.
Sun 02/01/05 at 22:12
Regular
The movie is out soon.
Sun 02/01/05 at 21:33
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Just finished reading this book, great, very funny, albeit a bit weird. Ahaha the depressed robot, casuing the ship to comit suicide

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.