GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aliased Text on Flash"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/01/05 at 20:08
Regular
"NULL"
I'm making some menu buttons on Flash MX, but the text is all anti-aliased. Since the text is farily small, it just looks blurry. How do I stop the text being anti-aliased?
Mon 03/01/05 at 16:51
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
That's awesome.
I'm getting into flash myself at the moment. I'm ok technically, but looking at your site it makes me realise how far I am from understanding good aesthetics and design.
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:51
Regular
"you've got a beard"
snazzy as f**k!!
nice work mate!
Mon 03/01/05 at 14:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Cool, look forward to seeing that. I'm working on a flash site for a client at the moment:

[URL]http://www.pfi-holding.com/test_index.html[/URL]

Had to adapt that from some artwork I was given, which had no inkling of web principles about it - it was 890 pixels wide for God's sake!

[EDIT: obviously it's not finished, still working on the bottom right corner, but you get the idea]
Mon 03/01/05 at 14:26
Regular
"NULL"
That's the jobby! I'm really loving this site - once it's finished, I'll post it here for comments - nothing too harsh please!
Mon 03/01/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Change the text box to "dynamic text", then make sure the "Embed Font Outlines" is swtiched to "No Characters" in the character panel. Then turn off the "Selectable" button, so that it acts like normal text.
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:08
Regular
"NULL"
I'm making some menu buttons on Flash MX, but the text is all anti-aliased. Since the text is farily small, it just looks blurry. How do I stop the text being anti-aliased?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.