GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are we forgeting something?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/04/00 at 11:15
Regular
Here in this discussion room everyone is talking about the next generation consoles. Mostly everyone is talking about which one will beat the Playstation 2 of its mega populatriry. All I can say is that it won’t be Nintendo, it won’t be Sega and it won’t be Microsoft. There is one format everyone is forgetting in this room that is already in the next generation, already up their with the likes of the consoles and will probably keep high chart positions no matter what. And why wait for next year, your using it now, the PC!

Technology is moving all the time and as it moves on your Playstation 2s,Dolphins, Dreamcasts and x-boxes will wear away without state of the art graphics like everyone drooled over before their release. The next generation consoles processor range from 200mhz – 600 MHz, some of these haves DVD and Internet access. You can buy a PC at tops now with 1000mhz processor, which the console industry will take years to reach. The PCs are moving away from the consoles 128bit graphics and moving on to 256bit and there are many other feature you can simply add to your PC.

Games are some of the best on a PC with more coming out then on any other format. They may have a big hefty price but they are upgradable, whenever you want new graphics or speed just add it on. So when you go to buy your console, think wheater you are getting the best out of it. PCs can do things consoles will take years to do, and if you know how to work them you can do allsorts on one.

The next generation is already here, and it will live throughout the next generation, the PC.
Sat 07/04/01 at 16:25
"Uzi Lover"
Ok, but it was from the view of the market which was one year younger.
Sat 07/04/01 at 16:23
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Edgy,
You may forgetting that this topic was posted about a year
> ago!

I know that, but I can still reply to it!
Sat 07/04/01 at 16:22
"Uzi Lover"
Yeh, he just stated my messege again!

Maybe he thought he would trick SR that he wrote it, or maybe his finger just slipped...
Sat 07/04/01 at 16:20
Regular
What's really odd is, Bob replied to it, and said nothing. :)
Sat 07/04/01 at 15:11
"Uzi Lover"
Edgy,
You may forgetting that this topic was posted about a year ago!
Sat 07/04/01 at 13:12
Regular
ryanbollu wrote:
> Here in this discussion room everyone is talking about the next
> generation consoles.

That's because this forum is about the future of gaming :)

Mostly everyone is talking about which one will
> beat the Playstation 2 of its mega populatriry.

What mega popularity? I saw a videogames program last night (bitz) which usually prefers Sony slaggin off the Playstation 2 because there aren't many games worth taking a look at in the shops!

All I can say is
> that it won’t be Nintendo, it won’t be Sega and it won’t be
> Microsoft.

It'll be neither, at the moment Sony are recovering from all their mistakes with the PS2. And if they are going to scrap it and make another, then they've got a lot of catching up to do.

There is one format everyone is forgetting in this room
> that is already in the next generation, already up their with the
> likes of the consoles and will probably keep high chart positions no
> matter what. And why wait for next year, your using it now, the
> PC!

PC's don't generally compete with games consoles. They are mostly bought for business use. But their ability to play games attracts more people to them and that's why they are very popular.

Technology is moving all the time and as it moves on your
> Playstation 2s,Dolphins, Dreamcasts and x-boxes will wear away
> without state of the art graphics like everyone drooled over before
> their release.

So will the latest PC games.

The next generation consoles processor range from
> 200mhz – 600 MHz, some of these haves DVD and Internet access. You
> can buy a PC at tops now with 1000mhz processor, which the console
> industry will take years to reach.

Consoles don't need that much processing power. However I'm sure the next generation after the Gamecube, X-box and PS2 will have gigahurtz processors.

The PCs are moving away from the
> consoles 128bit graphics and moving on to 256bit and there are many
> other feature you can simply add to your PC.

Games are some of
> the best on a PC with more coming out then on any other format. They
> may have a big hefty price but they are upgradable, whenever you
> want new graphics or speed just add it on.

Not as simple as that! You need to check that the hardware will be compatable with your PC, save up some cash(quite a lot for some upgrades) and then install the new hardware hoping that the information about compatability was correct!

So when you go to buy
> your console, think wheater you are getting the best out of it. PCs
> can do things consoles will take years to do, and if you know how to
> work them you can do allsorts on one.

The next generation is
> already here, and it will live throughout the next generation, the
> PC.

The next generation isn't here! When it's here it's this generation and the next generation is whatever's coming next!

Just like saying that tomorrow you're gonna do this and that....however tomorrow never comes because when it's tomorrow it's today!
Sat 07/04/01 at 13:12
"Uzi Lover"
I can't believe I've been here a whole year!

wow
Sat 07/04/01 at 13:01
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Exactly, See my Consoles the End is Nigh post. PCs reign!:)
Sat 07/04/01 at 13:01
Regular
"You've upset me"
this is also the second ever thread created on this forum
Sat 07/04/01 at 12:59
"Uzi Lover"
Was that really my first post?

Oh I was better then! lol!

I was doing loads of reviews rather then posting then though :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.