GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jobs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/01/05 at 10:13
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Hi
This is mainly for those people with IT jobs, I am looking at saturday jobs in my area and there is nothing really iinteresting going. I was wondering if anyone knew of an "online saturaday job" im not wanting something that just makes money for me im acually prepared to put proper hours into it, ie 15 hours a week. Just wondering as it would be so much more convient.
Thanks
Mon 03/01/05 at 22:02
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Thats nice
Mon 03/01/05 at 21:20
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Ive sold on ebay a bit before, so hopefully it would be easy to start properly
Mon 03/01/05 at 03:08
Regular
"cachoo"
eBay's a fantasmic place to start..

I sell stuff everyday but have lost the will to do it now after receiving an undeserved negative.. Gits. So I'm sat here with lots of sealed DVDs.. :-)

You could always start off by selling everything in your house to make a bit of dosh.. :-p
You'd be suprised at how much you could make on stuff you don't use anymore..
Sun 02/01/05 at 22:03
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
121 chat really is dedicated, considering hes going to get nothing out of any of his posts, o well,
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:06
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Yeah thanks paradox, the ebay thing sounds like a good idea, how much would I need,if you could give me some more advice to help me get started then thats great, email me on tom f [email protected] (without spaces obviously) Thanks Loads
Sun 02/01/05 at 13:13
Regular
"SOUP!"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Do what Paradox said.

Yeah, he rocks.
Sun 02/01/05 at 13:10
Regular
Do what Paradox said.

IT jobs require qualifications, qualifications require studying, studying requires grades etc

I'd hightly doubt you'd get a "part time job" in the IT industry, unless you applied to be a typist or data entry clerks or something.
Sun 02/01/05 at 12:17
Regular
"you've got a beard"
... you'll be lucky mate :S
Sun 02/01/05 at 11:54
Regular
"SOUP!"
A casual online job, at your convenience, that pays?

Highly doubt you'll find anything.

Best bet if you're a lazy bum under 18, is to set up a small-profit business on eBay. Assuming you've got a debit card and paypal account you can bulk-buy stuff and sell them on for a profit.

It'll take time and effort to list them and deal with customers and suchlike, but you can do it from home and the more profit you make you can invest it back into selling better stuff. Easy stuff to start with is phone fascias, imported CDs and DVDs and some small electrical goods. However you need some capital to start with. I can help you get started if you like.

The only real other sort of work is website making, which I used to do many moons ago and made a fair bit out of it (about £300 in a summer when I was 15ish) but the market is saturated with official websites (not freelancers) who will do it dirt cheap, and even free to use html or php templates.

Then there's the large wilderness of designing stuff, which sucks as you'll never get paid.

Then there's staffing websites which I do for free as it looks good on a CV etc when I want to get a writing job. I currently work on synae.com (when paul wakes up from his digital coma), lorl.co.uk, and a few of my own sites.

Personally the ebay thing is the best bet, you can setup your own ebay shop and stuff too, it's cheap to do and gets you some buisness experience.

If, however, you're wanting to do something really computery then it's going to be hard for you. I know some servers have online advisers, but you'd need to be 18 (again I'm not sure if you are) and it wouldn't just be weekend work.

Good luck finding something.

I'm currently wasting my talents as a pizza shop cashier/cook/floor mop. You can't always do what you want, life's like a big lame pyramid scheme.
Sun 02/01/05 at 11:48
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Please, I'm trying to eat some chocolate...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.