GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptop Help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/11/06 at 23:31
Regular
"Oooh hello Sailor!"
Wondering if anyone could help me. I have a really old Toshiba Satellite Laptop which I bought a while back and I use to do all my assignments and work on. The other day I was playing with the colour settings and changed it from one setting to another (something like 32high bit colour to 16 bit colour can't remember) Now when I switch it on all the start up tect is visible as is the window 98 slogan but then it goes to a green screen (the colour of my background)

I can't see anything but know it is still working as I have a password and withour being able to see anything I type it in press enter and you can here it working. Also Ctr, Alt and delete works in restarting it

I have some important stuff on there and its obviously really stupid of me to play around with something I have no idea wot I 'm doing with.

But any help would be greatly receiced

Thanks
Sun 26/11/06 at 23:31
Regular
"Oooh hello Sailor!"
Wondering if anyone could help me. I have a really old Toshiba Satellite Laptop which I bought a while back and I use to do all my assignments and work on. The other day I was playing with the colour settings and changed it from one setting to another (something like 32high bit colour to 16 bit colour can't remember) Now when I switch it on all the start up tect is visible as is the window 98 slogan but then it goes to a green screen (the colour of my background)

I can't see anything but know it is still working as I have a password and withour being able to see anything I type it in press enter and you can here it working. Also Ctr, Alt and delete works in restarting it

I have some important stuff on there and its obviously really stupid of me to play around with something I have no idea wot I 'm doing with.

But any help would be greatly receiced

Thanks
Mon 27/11/06 at 00:24
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sounds like you changed the machine into a gfx mode it doesnt handle too well. Boot your laptop into safe mode. Instructions how to do so here.
Hope'll you'll get the default resolution/colours so you can change your settings back to what they were originally.
Mon 27/11/06 at 00:25
Regular
"Oooh hello Sailor!"
Cheers dude - I'll give it a bash and hope for the best!
Mon 27/11/06 at 00:32
Regular
Glad we could help Smithy18 =) sorry for the late response
Mon 27/11/06 at 00:54
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> sorry for the late response

Yeah, be quicker next time. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.