GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo 2 nearly broke the internet."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 09/12/04 at 01:14
"I love yo... lamp."
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4079397.stm[/URL]

As if we needed any more proof that online gaming is now a reality and here to stay. Online gaming is the most revolutionary thing to happen to video games since 3D. And now business recognises this.
Sat 12/03/05 at 17:40
Regular
"8==="
'They' suck.
Tue 22/02/05 at 11:13
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> ""lag" in which there is a noticeable delay between a
> gamer clicking on a mouse or keyboard and what happens in the online
> gaming world."
>
> Yeah because Halo 2's out on the PC...

They were talking about online games in general Mr Pedantico Wannabe! :-P
Tue 08/02/05 at 19:58
ßulle†† wrote:
putting the ball into the ISP's court, as it were.

*jism*
Tue 08/02/05 at 19:57
Regular
"8==="
""lag" in which there is a noticeable delay between a gamer clicking on a mouse or keyboard and what happens in the online gaming world."

Yeah because Halo 2's out on the PC...
Fri 10/12/04 at 06:44
Regular
As long as they don't get $ signs in their eyes and start charging for bandwith as default.

On the other hand though, if it forces BT to re-upgrade their exchanges so everyone who can only get 512Mb gets pushed up to 1/1.5Mb, all will be good.

You can guarantee BT will be looking for a nice profit from any upgrades though, putting the ball into the ISP's court, as it were.
Thu 09/12/04 at 20:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Fine by me - if it makes ISPs and co work harder to get decent connections, great.
Thu 09/12/04 at 01:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
Well it didn't really almost break the internet just the connections for the game and xbox live. It is good that companies are starting to take notice of console online gaming now. Even though i don't own a new gen console or care to touch them. through feeling dirty when in the room with one. hopefully it will meaqn the games will improve more towards the online aspect. With the keyboard and mouse convertor for the xbox we could see some decent pc/xbox joint fps games.
Thu 09/12/04 at 01:14
"I love yo... lamp."
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4079397.stm[/URL]

As if we needed any more proof that online gaming is now a reality and here to stay. Online gaming is the most revolutionary thing to happen to video games since 3D. And now business recognises this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.