GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pirates"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sid Meier's Pirates'.
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:15
Regular
anyone bought this yet, i would have if it wasn't for the fact it is end of uni term and i'm poor! Anyone got it? is it as awesome as it should be?
Sun 12/12/04 at 19:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I’m getting the full, legitimate, version to review. I’m still hearing mixed thoughts about the game, but so long as it avoids being too annoying and just a bit of fun, it should be something worth playing. We'll see.
Sat 11/12/04 at 12:26
Regular
"Captain to you."
flintyquill Yeah i know a fantasic cheat.

Play the games single player through to the point that you know where the marquis's hideout is. Then attack him you get £100,000

Of course this is not a cheat i don't kno any for it as i am not a naff pirate.
Sat 11/12/04 at 12:14
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
flintyquill wrote:
> HELLO

HELLO
Sat 11/12/04 at 12:03
Regular
"0587"
HELLO
Sat 11/12/04 at 12:01
Regular
"0587"
HEY,HELLO DU U KNOW SOME CHEAT ON HOW TO GET MORE MONEY?
Sat 11/12/04 at 10:31
Regular
"Captain to you."
Yeah i never said i paid for it. I aquired it. :D I like to see what something is like be for i get it.
Sat 11/12/04 at 03:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
chippxero wrote:
> I have it it's very good just like the old game pirates gold.
> Brilliant. Buy it i've had it for a month or so and have moved on to
> the next game but it was really good played it through 3 times.

It was only out in the States 2 weeks ago.

Unless you got a special copy from Mars, in which case i'll be quiet.
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:17
Regular
cutthroats was damn good, been out a couple of years but was very good. corsairs was pretty crap
Thu 09/12/04 at 20:24
Regular
"Captain to you."
It's worth a try. i liked the old game i played it loads on my CD32 and i loved the new one. The lifespan just means that you have to decide how your going to play the game. Weather your going to go for the main quests. Or pirate the high seas and pimp all the other people down. Or take over citys and make one faction very happy.

There is another pirate game in the works but by another company looks like it's going to be very similar. But more about your ship.

This always happens it's like when we had a run of WW2 games then vietnam games all in a row.
Thu 09/12/04 at 18:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've heard mixed views on this one. The reviewers seem to love it, while gamers have highlighted more serious problems, such as how easy it is to build up a huge fleet and money and the way you can loose almost all of it when you crew mutiny's and puts you right back to square one.

I'll give it a go eventually, but it's more of a post Christmas buy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.