GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Look Inside Yourself"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/12/04 at 13:10
Regular
Look inside yourself; you may find something new, something that dreams could never even reach out to you and grasp from your mind. Through the blood and toil there is something special, a glint in an opaque painting of your innards; beyond the edge of flesh lies a cove deep in your body, keeping a secret that everyone possesses yet few ever breach. That glint that speaks so loudly to some yet stays silent for others.

Sparkling deep in the darkness of your body, in heals our broken souls after sins have met our fate. Glazing out hearts with purification upon being opened, released from their eternal prisons. It’s not of one form, but of many; a feeling, a person, a drop of blood in a vast sea of blue naivety. If you seek it out and find emptiness, a melancholy repeating itself unto an everlasting echo, there is no hope for you; a soul of nothing should wither, take a seat and watch it burn beneath your veil of hope. You are lost.

But you are not like that, no, your mind is caressed by passion, leaking from your essence to an ocean beneath your feet. You have that glint, you have that sparkle deep within, all you need is the key to open it. Such power, such emotion, such strength in such a pretty, mundane face, as smooth as the night sky, as far as the stars can shine. Even your spoken word is like a verse from them most beautiful and poetic opus ever to grace the soul. That sparkle, it is special.

I found mine many years ago, yet no matter how hard I search I cannot find your own. It is well hidden, in the deepest depths of you, the catacombs that line each maze in your body, deeper still. It is hard to comprehend the scope of your passion. Mine came within a second, unbeknown to myself. Opened like a clockwork doll inside of me, revealing a light to cleanse my entire spirit.

My key was acceptance of the inevitable, and I was blessed with my reason. To search, to look for what will eventually fulfil my life. It’s hard to describe such a sensation; it’s the closest I have felt to love, if there is even such a thing. But not with any one thing, it just hits me sometimes, the feeling that I have somewhere I should be, someone I should be with. Just to think about it brings a smile to my face, an overpowering feeling of joy for a reason that is lost on me. If only you could feel what I can feel.

I cast my image in stone upon a painting on the wall. I sit there, no one else, staring by myself. You are shining godly silver around a shrouded night, looking back up with eyes beckoning a nightly glee that causes me to slip. Such radiance paralyses a reaction from me. But as are paintings; moments of beauty caught in an instance.

Now I realise how to free your power. Your key is me.
Fri 07/01/05 at 19:46
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
Beautiful...sniff...This sort of stuff upsets me because I want to be able to write like this. Maybe I can.
Fri 07/01/05 at 18:02
Regular
ian ian grigg spall ian spall ian grigg spall
Fri 07/01/05 at 18:02
Regular
"Catch it!"
nice nice did I say Nice because this is errrrm NICE!
Thu 06/01/05 at 21:51
"period drama"
Aye, lovely strokes
Wed 05/01/05 at 20:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
Very, very good.

Having just read Meka's bare-bones of an SSC, the imagery jumped out and chewed me up. I liked it a lot.
Wed 05/01/05 at 19:20
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
No kudos for me but thank you for soothing my frayed eyeballs and easing my frazzled imagination.

I've just been trying to read some SSC16 entries that I missed the other night - oh boy!
Fri 31/12/04 at 13:11
Regular
Oh, and kudos to anyone who understands it/notices the Foo Fighters reference. :D
Fri 31/12/04 at 13:10
Regular
Look inside yourself; you may find something new, something that dreams could never even reach out to you and grasp from your mind. Through the blood and toil there is something special, a glint in an opaque painting of your innards; beyond the edge of flesh lies a cove deep in your body, keeping a secret that everyone possesses yet few ever breach. That glint that speaks so loudly to some yet stays silent for others.

Sparkling deep in the darkness of your body, in heals our broken souls after sins have met our fate. Glazing out hearts with purification upon being opened, released from their eternal prisons. It’s not of one form, but of many; a feeling, a person, a drop of blood in a vast sea of blue naivety. If you seek it out and find emptiness, a melancholy repeating itself unto an everlasting echo, there is no hope for you; a soul of nothing should wither, take a seat and watch it burn beneath your veil of hope. You are lost.

But you are not like that, no, your mind is caressed by passion, leaking from your essence to an ocean beneath your feet. You have that glint, you have that sparkle deep within, all you need is the key to open it. Such power, such emotion, such strength in such a pretty, mundane face, as smooth as the night sky, as far as the stars can shine. Even your spoken word is like a verse from them most beautiful and poetic opus ever to grace the soul. That sparkle, it is special.

I found mine many years ago, yet no matter how hard I search I cannot find your own. It is well hidden, in the deepest depths of you, the catacombs that line each maze in your body, deeper still. It is hard to comprehend the scope of your passion. Mine came within a second, unbeknown to myself. Opened like a clockwork doll inside of me, revealing a light to cleanse my entire spirit.

My key was acceptance of the inevitable, and I was blessed with my reason. To search, to look for what will eventually fulfil my life. It’s hard to describe such a sensation; it’s the closest I have felt to love, if there is even such a thing. But not with any one thing, it just hits me sometimes, the feeling that I have somewhere I should be, someone I should be with. Just to think about it brings a smile to my face, an overpowering feeling of joy for a reason that is lost on me. If only you could feel what I can feel.

I cast my image in stone upon a painting on the wall. I sit there, no one else, staring by myself. You are shining godly silver around a shrouded night, looking back up with eyes beckoning a nightly glee that causes me to slip. Such radiance paralyses a reaction from me. But as are paintings; moments of beauty caught in an instance.

Now I realise how to free your power. Your key is me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.